Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Down the Tube

Bper

London Mayor Sadiq Khan has offered Tube unions an extra £30m to avert a week-long pay strike.

City Hall said the money would be found 'as part of the usual budget setting process'.

But Conservative Mayoral candidate Susan Hall accused Mr Khan of a 'desperate move' ahead of May's election.

The move prompted drivers union Aslef to demand a pay rise of 12%.

Did he find this extra money down the back of the sofa or is it possible that he is funding it from the Ulez generated £200 million plus pounds he is making every year from this and the fines?

Could it be a revenue collection service? surely not, he said it wouldn't be.🫤

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bper said:

London Mayor Sadiq Khan has offered Tube unions an extra £30m to avert a week-long pay strike.

City Hall said the money would be found 'as part of the usual budget setting process'.

But Conservative Mayoral candidate Susan Hall accused Mr Khan of a 'desperate move' ahead of May's election.

The move prompted drivers union Aslef to demand a pay rise of 12%.

Did he find this extra money down the back of the sofa or is it possible that he is funding it from the Ulez generated £200 million plus pounds he is making every year from this and the fines?

Could it be a revenue collection service? surely not, he said it wouldn't be.🫤

Politicians will say anything that might get them votes, no matter whether the carry out what they've or not is of little consequence to them. I have the same respect for a politicians word as a dog has for a lampost.

• Haha 5

I may be wrong, but I thought that money collected from ULEZ could only be used to improve the environment.  Ironic, isn’t it, that Khan is so ready to hand out cash to greedy ASLEF members from funds ripped off out of the pocket of hardworking citizens?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links