Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Barometric pressure sensor

Bartha Robert

Hy everyone. I have a problem with my Toyota Auris 1,4 D from 2008. I have a check engine light on in the dashboard, with two error codes: P2227 - Barometric Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance and P0236 - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance. I have changed the external sensor but the problem wasn't solved. I took the car to a Toyota Service where they said that I have to change the ECU. Off course I didn't changed it there because of the high prices but I managed to change it but the problem still exists. So I changed also the sensor and also the ECU and the car is still not running well. I checked all the fuses, nothing wrong. Any idea what I can check or do more to solve this problem? Thank you very much!

IMG-20231209-WA0000.jpg

What are your readings from the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor also check the hose to the sensor

you will get these 2 codes together if the MAP is not reading correctly as the ecu also reads the MAP sensor to calculate the fuel

• Like 1

Thank you for your response. The cables from the sensor to the ECU were already checked in the service. The MAP is around 140. I heard that it should be more then 200 but i don't know why it is happening if the sensor is new? Can be because on the car was a Denso sensor and I changed it for and aftermarket product?

atmospheric pressure is around 90-100 Kpa at sea level, what are your intake air and coolant temperature readings

Check for an air leak, causing a low reading. I would monitor live readings while probing around the inlet manifold  trying to find the leak.

So. I just arrived home from another Toyota Service and we did some new tests.

1. "New" ECU and new aftermarket sensor -> Check engine. 110-120 kPa on live sensor parameters without driving.

2. "New" ECU and old Denso sensor with 96 kPa on live sensor parameters without driving but it results also on check engine because inconsistency on parameters. It fluctuates every second between 100 kPa and 200 kPa while driving. 

The coolant temperature it was at a normal level, probably 90 degrees C, we didn't checked but it was after driving more then half an hour.

They said that i should change the sensor for a Denso one and see what it happens, if it will be ok i should try also with the "old" ECU. Probably I changed the ECU without any reason but it is intreseting that I already payed around 500 euro and the car is still sick...

Thank you for you help, I am waiting for any other ideas.

remove and clean the EGR valve

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links