Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

IVA test drive and temp insurance

gok

Hi All

i have my IVA booked soon and wondered if anyone had links for temp insurance so I can drive the car to its test ? (Crownthrone £215 for 28 days)

also Iva and insurance say I’m ok to drive the car with no registration plate to test but DVLA say I need trade plates , anyone know or can link to an answer so I can show plod if I’m stopped.

thanks in advance 

Try https://www.dayinsure.com/ you will have to phone them, it's a grey area as to the legality, but carry all your documents including the sales invoice, as its a type of MOT you have an exemption but you must only drive direct to/from the test

I think the biggest hurdle is going to be with tax and ULEZ typically they don't have a WLTP/euro emissions rating so the car will be put in the upper PLG class in turn making it not ULEZ compliant

Iv seen others that are ulez complaint for sale so I hope that’s not the case , tax will be £200 as it’s 1.5 and under but ulez is euro 6 compliant which this car will be as far as I’m concerned because ULEZ doesn’t go from tax or co2 alone. It’s a petrol built after 2008.

I wouldn't worry to much about the ULEZ - You just need documentation showing it produces less than 0.08g/km of NOx and you can file a thing with TFL for the vehicle to be exempted.

A lot of vintage car and bike people, and even performance cars, have been using that to avoid paying.

It's mad as your car can produce so much exhaust that it blocks out the sun, and CO2 it sends nearby people unconscious, but as long as it's under 0.08g/km of NOx it's ULEZ exempt.

TBH it's only really diesels that are getting badly shafted by the ULEZ (The diesels his party encouraged us to buy in the first place let's not forget!)

28 minutes ago, Cyker said:

TBH it's only really diesels that are getting badly shafted by the ULEZ (The diesels his party encouraged us to buy in the first place let's not forget

Aye Cyker, I was wondering why all the honest dealers, even main dealers that are trying to help motorists😉, nearly all have countless diesels on their websites at top dollar.

Even round here where there is no ulez as yet.

Surely it couldn't be that they want to offload them as fast as possible before they are totally worthless to the clueless, could they?

• Haha 1

Good know to chaps hopefully as it’s a 2018 and this mostly is on date they will just make it complaint when registering 🙏 as I want to use the car not wait for stupid TFL

• Like 1

My mistake, I thought this was an estima, are you a new dealer, Just done a Vitz and now an Auris, they may tax it the same as UK equivalent Auris - the wife having twins is she

• Like 1

No mate I’m just a crazy man who imported a car from Japan himself , I’d be interested to hear your tax situation as I was told they won’t tax it like Uk Yaris given it’s a late 2018 and not hybrid even though it’s only 90g of C02 so I believe flat rate is £200 but happy to the corrected 

ps wife has had our baby girl now and we are both desperate to get her in the new car rather than my stop gap 2008 aygo 

• Like 1

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for short term insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for short term insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

Dan I was told when I rang you don’t do short term insurance 😞

• Confused 1

Weird, a mixup perhaps? Hopefully Dan can get the right agent to call you!

Would appreciate that and anyone whose registered a vitz recently 

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add was told by police that I cannot drive a car with no number plate no matter what my insurance or where I am going to 🤷‍♂️

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links