Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Road Angel / Snooper

corollags

Hey Guys!

Recently Ive started doing mega milage a year driving all around the country. Speed cameras are becoming abit of a problem for me and several times I have had 2 jump on the brakes last minute!

Im looking at buying one of the higher end GPS linked Road Angel or Snooper systems. Anyone have one? What they like and would you recommend one?

Ad

ive got the road angel phase 1 and cant fault it personally

buy a GPS based one as they dont jibber at traffic lights then!

the road angel classic IS GPS........

you can also plug it into your ipaq and use it along side sat nav software

Does it give you loadsa warning before the cameras dude?

I def need one with all the drivin I doin. Its just if I wanna spend £300+ on one! But if it will save my licence........

good topic - whilst its here what are the cheap snoopers like from Halfords £79-99 anyone???

good topic - whilst its here what are the cheap snoopers like from halfords £79-99 anyone???

Complete sh :censor: to be honest m8. I got one at the mo - beeps at everything. A blind person strapped to the bonnet would also give more notice of the cameras than this.

Its gotta B a GPS system for me. Im just workin out weather I wanna spend £300+ on one and how good they really R!

Ad

well i do speed!!!!!

thinking of buying a gps based unit as well, how good is the road angel compared to the origin b2.

really need to get one asap.

any help in the decision?

cheers

:thumbsup:

I've got a Road Angel ph1 also, cant recomendit enough.

not only does it give you plenty of warning for every camera in the country including specs, it also detects those new camera vans well in advance.

it's tells your speed, but is a bit funny actually cause when you give your car some gas the mph cant keep up with you. but at steady speeds that is also very accurate.

phases 1's are going for around £150 round here aswell now.

I bought Snooper S6-R Neo at the weekend from Costco (it was over a hundred quid cheaper than anywhere else) and it's a serious piece of kit. It senses anything (laser and radar) as well as being GPS.

I haven't been on any long journeys with it yet (we don't have fixed cameras up here - they're more sly than that!), so I don't know how much warning it gives you before cameras and stuff but it seems better than our MD's cheapie which seems to bleep almost continuously.

The only problem I have at the moment is that it consists of of 3 separate boxes and my dashboard looks like missio control because of the number of wires leading everywhere. You can mount one of the boxes behind the grille if you have space though.

I'll let you know how I get on...

Alan

I've got a Road Angel ph1 also, cant recomendit enough.

not only does it give you plenty of warning for every camera in the country including specs, it also detects those new camera vans well in advance.

it's tells your speed, but is a bit funny actually cause when you give your car some gas the mph cant keep up with you. but at steady speeds that is also very accurate.

phases 1's are going for around £150 round here aswell now.

thats because the speed updates every second so if your thrapsing it then its a little slow to keep up

but its deathly accurate at a static speed

yeah i know. :)

according to my run @ The Pod i got a top end speed off 107mph but when i quickly glanced at the road angel it was only reading out 82mph.

Decision made! Im getting one. Which one do you guys I should go for? Its out of the Snooper S6 Neo or the Road Angel Phase 1

Stu8, did U say there £150 where you are? Is that new?!?!?! Cheapest I can find is like £300!

Ad

Decision made! Im getting one. Which one do you guys I should go for? Its out of the Snooper S6 Neo or the Road Angel Phase 1

Stu8, did U say there £150 where you are? Is that new?!?!?! Cheapest I can find is like £300!

Ad

My S6-R was about £250. The prices you've been seeing are probably for the newer Roadangel which has radar detection too...

Um... good luck, I tried to do proper, grown up research but just ended up taking the plunge with wat I thought was the best feature/cost score from the ones in front of me :rolleyes:

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links