Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Instrument cluster layout preference

GBgraham

Just for curiosity sake, how have you guy's programmed you instrument cluster? 

I'm on the two analogue gauges in smart mode, but I'm still occasionally flip flopping 

• Like 2

I had a play with the dealers demo car and couldn't for the life of me work out how to configure this properly.
Assume I'll figure it out when mine is delivered, but also interested to know what it can do and what is deemed 'best' by the majority here..

• Like 2

It has a lot of options, and I guess dierrent people with have their own preferences.  When I get a chance, I'll post some pictures of my 3 layouts (you can set up and main choice of one, two or no dials, then 3 layouts of peripheral information either side which can be selected at any time using the left/right arrows on the steering wheel).

I've opted for a single dial, with digital speed inside and Hybrid System Indicator on the dial.  Oddly, in the HUD I can choose an HSI (bar graph) display or Tachometer, but on the main dash only the HSI.

• Like 2

These are my preferences.

The blank box above the fuel gauge displays the track or station if music or radio is on.

20240111_142751.jpg

20240111_142800.jpg

20240111_142808.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I quite like the idea of that, as I'd like to have instantaneous mpg, tyre pressures and power flow all displayed, but I can only see one of those at a time (Or 2 if I put the powerflow on the infotainment, but I've noticed it's laggy and also it means I lose the music display!)

I do wish the speedo number could be made to fill the inside of the circle tho' - I do like how it's a big segment-display on my Yaris.

• Like 1

I'm lucky enough to have a Head Up Display which has really large speedo numbers projected in front of the car, so I hardy look at the internal speedo at all.  After 10 years of HUDs in the 3rd & 4th Gen Prius from 2009, I never stopped hating not having one in the RAV4 even after 4½ years and 35,000 miles.

I'm pretty happy with the 12.3" screens that seem to be finding their way into more Toyota models, my only complaint is that I've always used PSI to measure tyre pressures and I don't believe it's possible to change mine from Bar, which is pretty meaningless to me.

Annoyingly, I've seen pictures of the displays in cars in other countries which are in PSI, but I've been exhaustively through all the menus so many times and can find no way to change it.  When it goes to the dealer in March to get the summer tyres put on I'll ask if they can do it with their Techstream.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PeteB said:

These are my preferences.

The blank box above the fuel gauge displays the track or station if music or radio is on.

20240111_142751.jpg

20240111_142800.jpg

20240111_142808.jpg

Oh how I envy the tyre pressure display (us HEV plebs are not worth according to Toyota) I would have that on mine if it allowed me. I currently have the fuel mpg and the Battery status (first pic on the left)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, PeteB said:

I'm lucky enough to have a Head Up Display which has really large speedo numbers projected in front of the car, so I hardy look at the internal speedo at all.  After 10 years of HUDs in the 3rd & 4th Gen Prius from 2009, I never stopped hating not having one in the RAV4 even after 4½ years and 35,000 miles.

I'm pretty happy with the 12.3" screens that seem to be finding their way into more Toyota models, my only complaint is that I've always used PSI to measure tyre pressures and I don't believe it's possible to change mine from Bar, which is pretty meaningless to me.

Annoyingly, I've seen pictures of the displays in cars in other countries which are in PSI, but I've been exhaustively through all the menus so many times and can find no way to change it.  When it goes to the dealer in March to get the summer tyres put on I'll ask if they can do it with their Techstream.

I have a HUD too but it's nice being able to glance at the speedo when the HUD isn't visible.

I'm very sure you can change the tyre pressure units tho' - I had mine in bar for ages because I didn't realize they could be changed, but the setting is in the dash MFD with all the other TPWS settings - Just keep scrolling for it even when it looks like there isn't more scroll left - There should be options for kPa, Bar and PSI IIRC.

6 hours ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

Oh how I envy the tyre pressure display (us HEV plebs are not worth according to Toyota) I would have that on mine if it allowed me. I currently have the fuel mpg and the battery status (first pic on the left)

It continues to boggle my mind that it isn't available on every TPMS-equipped car as a matter of course! :confused1:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/12/2024 at 7:48 PM, Cyker said:

I'm very sure you can change the tyre pressure units tho' - I had mine in bar for ages because I didn't realize they could be changed, but the setting is in the dash MFD with all the other TPWS settings - Just keep scrolling for it even when it looks like there isn't more scroll left - There should be options for kPa, Bar and PSI IIRC.

Haven't had any luck myself, and neither did the technician at my dealer.  The TPWS menu only shows these two items and I've tried everything I can think of to find hidden options, but no luck.

20240418_175813.jpg

• Like 1

That's weird... you are missing one of the options!

On my older system we have this:

I wonder if they've moved it to somewhere else in the newer one...? :confused1:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thanks.

If they did I'm damned if I can find it!  The Technician said he couldn't see a way of changing it with his hand held terminal either.

• Like 1

I bought the TPMS plug-in box for my 2019hybrid, it now shows all 4 tyres as one of the centre screens - only issue is it displays in kPa, but it's handy to see if there's a drop in any of the tyres

For less than 35 quid, and an easy install, it was a no-brainer

• Like 1

I have the pre-facelift model, so no fullscreen for me, but I have this vague notion that there's an option somewhere in the MID to change the units of measurement, but you can only pick from groupings, ie mph/mpg/mpkwh/bar are all together as 'imperial' options, and in order to have psi or kpa you have to also accept kph & 100km/L and the like. 

Memory could be inaccurate tho, and I'm not with the car to check presently 

25 minutes ago, Mike2222 said:

psi

psi - pounds per square inch sounds very imperial to me ... 🙂😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, philip42h said:

psi - pounds per square inch sounds very imperial to me ... 🙂😉 

Touché

• Like 1

I tried to find temperature gauge for the engine but apparently there is one. Quite a few options won't be there or greyed out if you try to adjust when you have already driven some distance. 

• Like 1

I think I prefer... Not sure of this is possible on the 2024 model..

Digital Speedo in the centre, noting mostly I use the HUD for speed and Energyometer on the 2021 R4P ( switching to 2024 model in end August ).

Electric Range.

Petrol Range.

Driving modes. HV vs EV, Sport, Eco, Norm

Trip distance.

Compass.

Next turn.

AWD power to which wheels. Particularly when I'm in the wilderness.

Outside temperature.

And if possible...

Time and Date, and day as I'm old and clueless these days.

Tyre pressure, though the system would alert me if there was an issue as it did last winter ❄️ 🥶

Engine temperature.

A 4 week accurate weather forecast and status of the roof drone. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Torrox said:

I tried to find temperature gauge for the engine but apparently there is one. Quite a few options won't be there or greyed out if you try to adjust when you have already driven some distance.

I meant there isn't an engine temp gauge.

• Like 1

It's a great shame Toyota didn't make more use of the Infotainment system to issue more driver info because as standard it is very poor.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links