Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heater issues

casouth

Hi, just got my auris back from dealership to determine what's exactly is wrong with my heater system...  the demist won't work and air only blows out of the side vents. After stripping it back it needs two new units inside but the cost is eywatering. ..  how do I find out the exact parts to be able to find an alternative mechanic to fit? Thanks

Sounds like an air diverter flap for the front windscreen demisting is not actuating or stuck.

Check partsouq.com for an exploded parts diagram with part names and numbers.

Not sure whether the heater unit needs to come out for a repair, or can be done in situ (very rare). In which case it may be a dash-out job, hence the eye watering price.

Put your ear close to unut and try actuating front screen on/off at lowest blower speed to see if you can hear any actuating, or clicking noises.

IHave you checked/cleaned cabin filter? Rare for them to let rubbish through, unless you dont have one in place.

Maybe get a second quite from a trusted, local independent?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 1:29 AM, solero said:

Not sure whether the heater unit needs to come out for a repair, or can be done in situ (very rare). In which case it may be a dash-out job, hence the eye watering price.

Its a 'whole dash out', I replaced my evaporator unit, took me 3 good days, partly because it was my 1st dash job.

The part is not expensive but the labour is hence I did a DIY. Got the part from eBay from a similar/newer model.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links