Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wipers

Bper

After cleaning the car today it looks like a change of Wiper Blades will be needed soon so recommendations on OEM or Bosch etc and any experience with silicon and are they worth looking at as an alternative.?. 😀

I did look at some facts for when I need to replace my wipers.  From what I read, silicone wipers are inferior, and may be a waste of money.

• Like 2

I'm just looking for descent wipers and not sure if Bosch or other makes are better or just as good as Toyota's OEM ones.:smile:

• Like 2

Used Bosch aero on the previous Yaris, front last about 3 years, good blades.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Bosch ones, esp. the aeros, seem to get good feedback from people on here, and are priced well and easily available. The Toyota OE ones are pretty good but a bit over-priced vs e.g. the Bosch ones. I've always used PIAA silicone wipers as, although they are very expensive, I've only ever needed to buy them once per car I've owned - they outlast normal rubber wipers massively, and over time make the windscreen so hydrophobic I don't even need to use the wipers at motorway speeds :laugh: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cyker said:

I've always used PIAA silicone wipers as, although they are very expensive, I've only ever needed to buy them once per car I've owned - they outlast normal rubber wipers massively,

Do you have a reference for the Yaris ?

• Like 1

A reference...? :confused1:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cyker said:

A reference...? :confused1:

Part numbers.

• Like 1

Hmm not for the PIAAs, but if you search for PIAA silicone wipers they should pop up.

They use universal clips so you just need to buy ones that are the right length.

They can be a bit tricky to source - The only place I've been able to reliably source them from in the UK is tdcautomotive, but last time I had to buy from their eBay page as their website was badly broken (They listed all the wipers as £9,999 - I know they were expensive, but not that expensive!! :eek:  :laugh: )

If you do try them, get the aero-blade style ones; They're worth the extra over the regular-style blades. If you want to try them on the cheap, you can get them as blade-only replacements, but only get them if you're using generic blade frames; I wasted a set on my Mk2 as I found the frames on it did NOT take normal blade inserts as they had some extra tangs and ridges, and I couldn't get the PIAAs inserts to seat properly in it.

• Like 2

Yes I found PIAA, but the Yaris IV is not listed in their directory. They say to measure the ones on the car already.

• Like 1

Yeah, as I said they don't sell specific ones for specific cars, you just measure your wipers and pick the closest matches.

They come with clips for all common wiper arms that you just clip onto the wiper then to the wiper arm.

The guide on their site just lists the sizes for each model of car but is only a guide - measuring yourself is more accurate and good to confirm.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2024 at 11:55 PM, Cyker said:

I've always used PIAA silicone wipers

I've never heard of these...but now I know what to look for when my current set (sadly already purchased) wear themselves out...

One thing I cannot stand is wipers that do not wipe streak-free! Really irks me something... 😠

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links