Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alfen EV Charger

Ian Costello

Is anyone else having problems with their Alfen charger. I ordered mine through Toyota and it was eventually installed by British Gas 4 months later in June 2022. Over the next 3 months I had a further 3 units fitted due to  variety of faults and even with the last one I couldn’t rely on the hive schedule charging so I used the Toyota app. 
This last one has now lasted 13 months but has now failed and I am unable to charge ( yellow light flashing on the box when the cable is plugged in which changes to flashing blue when connected to the car).

I’ve logged a call with BG and was told that the charger was showing offline although the hive showed ready to charge. I was promised a callback and after 24 working hours without hearing anything I contacted them again for an update. I was told that they would normally take up to 72 hours to call back which is REALLY USEFUL if you’ve no charge and need to go out. The person I spoke to told me my call was on the system but with no outcome or next action but told me that either they or a colleague would call me back within the hour, 4 hours later I called them to be informed that the had received numerous calls about this and similar faults but didn’t know how or when it would be resolved.

This is now impacting on my opinion of Toyota’s “trusted partners” Ann Toyota themselves.

Has anyone had a similar experience and aware of a solution other than binning the Alfen and getting a different EVbox.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links