Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Messaging settings

Edgie70

Hi all , just looking through the messaging settings in my car and I'm a bit confused, can I ask ....

Automatic message transfer , is this so when my phone gets a message it's transfered to the Toyota screen ??? 

Use message account names from phone , should this be turned on ??? Does this let the show a person's name ??? 

Thanks 

IMG_20240116_180122.jpg

To explain all, download Multimedia System Owners Manual 222 pages PZ49X-12L60-EN.
Easiest way to download this is to look in your registered MyToyota web site, select your vehicle, select manage, select owners manual and download PZ49X-12L60-EN.

To answer both questions I believe yes reading the manual.

Thanks , another thing that's a bit of a pain , the mobile number format , had all my contacts set as 07747...... format In my phone but the car wasn't recognizing some of them , changed them all to +44 now when I ring someone the number isn't recognized because it's dialed out as the 07747....... Format 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ might have to put the same number in twice for a contact , one starting+44 the other just the usual 07747.... format 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

24 minutes ago, Edgie70 said:

Thanks , another thing that's a bit of a pain , the mobile number format , had all my contacts set as 07747...... format In my phone but the car wasn't recognizing some of them , changed them all to +44 now when I ring someone the number isn't recognized because it's dialed out as the 07747....... Format 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ might have to put the same number in twice for a contact , one starting+44 the other just the usual 07747.... format 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Agree, anyone know if this has been fixed in the recent year updates and the new multimedia system?

3 hours ago, newda898 said:

Agree, anyone know if this has been fixed in the recent year updates and the new multimedia system?

I have noticed under for example contact name Dave there are two rows of the same number , mobile 1 and mobile 2, I think mobile 2 is WhatsApp because I checked another contact who doesn't have Whatsapp and they only have one mobile number under their name . Also I added in my phone contacts under for example Dave both formats +44 & 0....

+44 1234 567 890 

01234 567 890 

That way the system recognizes the 0.... Outgoing format call also the +44 incoming call , only thing is when you click a contact on the car screen there are 3 numbers listed 

Mobile 1 +44 format

Mobile 2 0.... format

Mobile 3 WhatsApp number ( I think )

Mobile 3 isn't there if the contact doesn't use WhatsApp but it is if they do use WhatsApp 

Could unlink the WhatsApp number in phone contact settings if needed ......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links