Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla measurements

Johnhan

Hi all I am looking to purchase a fairly new Corolla Hatchback/Touring sports and I can't find the specs I am looking for. I need to know what the boot measurements are with the seats down in the hatchback, particularly how much space there is between the rear doors and how much width (towards rear screen) before it narrows down. I need to be able to carry two large golf bags with clubs between the rear doors and two electric golf trollies in the rear end or fit them in somehow. If that's not possible then I shall go for the Touring Sports as they surely should fit in that! Currently driving a 1997 Lexus LS400 with 226,000 miles on it that still ticks over at a perfect 600rpm it's a very comfortable car that still has many miles to run but it is a ferocious drinker of the petroleum! It's time to get a bit more sedate and relaxed and the hybrids should help me slide down that road with relative ease! I also had a Toyota Soarer quite a few moons ago that was as quiet as any electric car and it did soar along sweetly it was a quality piece of engineering.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Johnhan said:

Hi all I am looking to purchase a fairly new Corolla Hatchback/Touring sports and I can't find the specs I am looking for. I need to know what the boot measurements are with the seats down in the hatchback, particularly how much space there is between the rear doors and how much width (towards rear screen) before it narrows down. I need to be able to carry two large golf bags with clubs between the rear doors and two electric golf trollies in the rear end or fit them in somehow. If that's not possible then I shall go for the Touring Sports as they surely should fit in that! Currently driving a 1997 Lexus LS400 with 226,000 miles on it that still ticks over at a perfect 600rpm it's a very comfortable car that still has many miles to run but it is a ferocious drinker of the petroleum! It's time to get a bit more sedate and relaxed and the hybrids should help me slide down that road with relative ease! I also had a Toyota Soarer quite a few moons ago that was as quiet as any electric car and it did soar along sweetly it was a quality piece of engineering.

Having owned several Corolla HB, I switched to TS, the boot space has trebled but the car length is only 28cm longer. I wouldn’t recommend the HB for the use you describe. 

• Like 3

From what measurements I could glean it would be an extremely tight fit and would probably mean taking off a wheel or two on the trolleys! Do you find the estate a more comfortable ride than the hatchback?

37 minutes ago, simond64 said:

Having owned several Corolla HB, I switched to TS, the boot space has trebled but the car length is only 28cm longer. I wouldn’t recommend the HB for the use you describe. 

46 minutes ago, Johnhan said:

From what measurements I could glean it would be an extremely tight fit and would probably mean taking off a wheel or two on the trolleys! Do you find the estate a more comfortable ride than the hatchback?

I find the TS drives the same as the HB, is certainly more comfortable for the back seat passengers. I have the Excel so it’s got all the extras, but for space it’s so much better plus you have roof rails if you need to carry more. 

• Like 2

I think I will go and look at the hatchback at a dealer sometime soon and get some measurements and see if it it could all fit in somehow, as I will probably be only carrying two sets once every fortnight and don't really need the extra space of the Touring Sports otherwise. There also seems to be quite a premium on the price as well.

7 hours ago, Johnhan said:

I think I will go and look at the hatchback at a dealer sometime soon and get some measurements and see if it it could all fit in somehow, as I will probably be only carrying two sets once every fortnight and don't really need the extra space of the Touring Sports otherwise. There also seems to be quite a premium on the price as well.

If you go for hatchback you can check out 2.0 variants, these has less boot depth but when the rear seats are down they create a flat loading bay similar to estate cars and this is perfect for loading large items. You can also do half rear seat down and accommodate one more passenger. There are some previous models of 1.8 engine that came with raised boot floor, such an extra for this model. 👍

image.thumb.jpeg.9a81f7d019631623ffa1c25dde48c3b9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9e07b0db6463acac78cd3809ff47d428.jpeg

• Like 1

Well I went to test drive a Corolla hatchback and it was going to be too tight a fit for all the golf gear, so I tested the Touring Sports and found it a nice car but just a bit on the firm side suspension wise. I'm thinking the Prius would be a slightly softer ride, would anyone care to enlighten me?

46 minutes ago, Johnhan said:

Well I went to test drive a Corolla hatchback and it was going to be too tight a fit for all the golf gear, so I tested the Touring Sports and found it a nice car but just a bit on the firm side suspension wise. I'm thinking the Prius would be a slightly softer ride, would anyone care to enlighten me?

Hi, 

Prius it’s not softer but if it has smaller wheels tyres set which most Priuses has it will drive better. The car you have tested was it a GR or excel trim with 18” wheels? You can try icon or design with 16 or 17” , they default rode smoother and quieter. 

It was with 16" wheels. I guess I'm so used to the LS 400's armchair ride that most cars will seem a little firm. Looks like a larger car for me then with an easy ride or stick with mine.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links