Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lack of depreciation

giffardo

In the market for used corolla touring and they don't seem to have depreciated much, what was the cost of 2.0 GR sport new 3 years ago? As they are still selling for 25k now!  Hardly worth buying used now

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, giffardo said:

In the market for used corolla touring and they don't seem to have depreciated much, what was the cost of 2.0 GR sport new 3 years ago? As they are still selling for 25k now!  Hardly worth buying used now

I agree, get carwow prices on new, 2023 is a big upgrade too so if you cash afford go for that. 

• Like 2

Mine is 3 this year. I've owned it since it was about 9 months old, I paid £28k. Well, £17k and a GT86.

Still sub 20k miles, I bet I'd get offered below £20k as a trade in.

• Like 1

My 22 hatchback design cost £26k be lucky to get £18k at moment. Used car prices have plummeted in last few months 

• Like 3

Used Corolla TS prices are way higher than hatchback variants because these are favourable amongst taxi trade. Hatchback aren’t suitable for taxi and ph cars hence they loose value quicker. 
TS trek models seems to lose value faster as they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea and this makes them a great used car buy. 👍

• Like 2

I did like the idea of the 'Trek' Corolla. A lifted Yaris would have worked for me with the roads I drive on! :laugh: 

• Like 1

Currently in autotrader there is 1 year old face-lift Lexus es300h with 6k miles for £28.5k from Lexus dealer. This worth looking into if you don't mind the size.  Definitely a better buy than Corolla.  I would buy it if I had the money...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Niky said:

Currently in autotrader there is 1 year old face-lift Lexus es300h with 6k miles for £28.5k from Lexus dealer. This worth looking into if you don't mind the size.  Definitely a better buy than Corolla.  I would buy it if I had the money...

Run an insurance quote first - some insurance companies will refuse to cover ES300h due to the high theft risk, even if the thieves don't manage to take it the repair bills due to the theft attempt damage can by eye watering. 

• Sad 1

Lexus ES is probably the best car in its class and of its size but it is completely different from Corolla. It’s not just to buy the car, but then the insurance, the maintenance, the repair or parts replacement if anything need to be done. Otherwise it is my favourite car. 👍

53 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Lexus ES is probably the best car in its class and of its size but it is completely different from Corolla. It’s not just to buy the car, but then the insurance, the maintenance, the repair or parts replacement if anything need to be done. Otherwise it is my favourite car. 👍

Don’t forget that a newish ES could be liable for £500 road tax. The cut off point is a LIST Value of £40K when new- not what was actually paid for it.

However as a vehicle for long journeys, it is a joy. Exceedingly comfortable, quiet and as relaxing as you can get for the readies. I refer to it as a Radio 3 car I.e a civilised way to travel.

Not so good for car parks (length and turning circle) or trips to the dump (no folding back seats).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links