Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wireless Android Auto with new infotainment?

DaumantasK

Hello, 

I've picked up my new 2024 RAV4 with updated infotainment system. I've been told at my dealer that only Carplay works wireless. And I am very dissapointed by that because in US market both Carplay and AA works wireless, furthermore as far as I know Yaris Cross here in Europe also has wireless AA - maybe someone knows exact reason why theres some kind a regional difference? Because technically infotainment is capable of wireless AA, - heard some rumors that its because of some legal/privacy things with google in EU? Maybe someone from the dealers here can give an explanation 🙂 maybe some kind of update is coming which will add this function?

• Like 1

The multimedia systems fitted in Europe and the US are, or certainly used to be, entirely different. They make look similar and have similar functionality, behind the bezel they are / were quite different. As with many things Toyota, it is madness to look at the US market and expect the same features across Europe.

I expect that wireless AA will arrive in the RAV4 in Europe in due course. It's just a question as to exactly when Toyota introduce the necessary model upgrade ...

My wife's Yaris (Excel - MY22) has the new multimedia system and that definitely has wireless AA because we use it. I assumed the updated RAV4 did because it looks to be the same platform.

On 1/19/2024 at 10:50 AM, DaumantasK said:

Hello, 

I've picked up my new 2024 RAV4 with updated infotainment system. I've been told at my dealer that only Carplay works wireless. ...

Have You tested it with Android phone, maybe it works 🙂 If not, then Carlinkit 5.0 (or 4.0) will make it wireless.

• 1 month later...

Hello all, I have a question for the RAV4 brain trust!  We picked up our RAV 4 PHEV DYN last September (2023) and have had issues with the Android connection from day one! I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 and I have purchased a new cable as that was one of the issues that our local garage mentioned. It doesn't help that my wife has an iPhone, which is wireless in the RAV4 and works very well (that could be the answer!).  When I connect to use Google Maps, during the journey the screen locks up and I can't use the icons! Also it doesn't help that its intermitted.  I have trouble, cancelling a destination, or if I want to swap to music.  I need to unconnect the phone and reconnect. I have even trouble getting beck out to the Toyota Home screen to change radio stations. Some elements of the screen are still usable, but it generally locks-up. I looked to see is they is any driving/travelling restrictions with Samsung, Android or Toyota and any when  did find any, I turned them off. But still alas, it still locks up. PS. I was on holiday and for the hired car we received a MG ZS.  Funnily enough, using the wired Android system, it locks up in that car as well!  But I thought I would ask to see if anybody has had the same issues. Also, we purchased a Yaris, and it does still lock up, but the Yaris has proper buttons to press that gets you out to the home screen.   Maybe its time Toyota RAV4 went back to buttons and not rely on a touchscreen! Thx Ian

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IRW said:

Hello all, I have a question for the RAV4 brain trust!  We picked up our RAV 4 PHEV DYN last September (2023) and have had issues with the Android connection from day one! I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 and I have purchased a new cable as that was one of the issues that our local garage mentioned. It doesn't help that my wife has an iPhone, which is wireless in the RAV4 and works very well (that could be the answer!).  When I connect to use Google Maps, during the journey the screen locks up and I can't use the icons! Also it doesn't help that its intermitted.  I have trouble, cancelling a destination, or if I want to swap to music.  I need to unconnect the phone and reconnect. I have even trouble getting beck out to the Toyota Home screen to change radio stations. Some elements of the screen are still usable, but it generally locks-up. I looked to see is they is any driving/travelling restrictions with Samsung, Android or Toyota and any when  did find any, I turned them off. But still alas, it still locks up. PS. I was on holiday and for the hired car we received a MG ZS.  Funnily enough, using the wired Android system, it locks up in that car as well!  But I thought I would ask to see if anybody has had the same issues. Also, we purchased a Yaris, and it does still lock up, but the Yaris has proper buttons to press that gets you out to the home screen.   Maybe its time Toyota RAV4 went back to buttons and not rely on a touchscreen! Thx Ian

Software update. Infotainment, Android Auto, android phone software. After that try a short high quality usb cable. I went through 4 different cables before finding one that was reliable. Then had to replace that one after 18 months. 

I'm using S22.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links