Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

clutch 1.4d

sammorgan

hi guys looking at urban cruisers, test drove one and the clutch was hard to get it to bite. salesman said its normal for these to be like that. it just felt really soft and took a while for it to grab. is it normal? i doubt it but asking anyway. thanks-sam

What do you mean by hard to get it to bite? Like, it bites very high up the pedal? Or feels like it slipping?

I've not driven a diesel Urban Cruiser, but my Mk1 Yaris had an older version of the same engine (74HP vs the 90HP one the UC and Mk2 Yaris used) and the biting point was always dead centre and very easy to feel.

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

What do you mean by hard to get it to bite? Like, it bites very high up the pedal? Or feels like it slipping?

I've not driven a diesel Urban Cruiser, but my Mk1 Yaris had an older version of the same engine (74HP vs the 90HP one the UC and Mk2 Yaris used) and the biting point was always dead centre and very easy to feel.

like just very numb feeling. I've got a slipping clutch so i know what that feels like. it felt soft and the engagement wasn't very noticeable when releasing the clutch and the pedal had a lot of movement at the bottom. maybe its just a bad slave cylinder as it didn't slip when giving it the beans in 2nd. 

Hmm, could also be the fluid hasn't been changed for a while...

It is a relatively light clutch tho'

depending on the miles it's more than likely the clutch that is on its way out, and a dealer is trying to get rid of it

the clutch kits are just not available most have had to mix and match parts and get the clutch disk relined (there are a few threads going back 2+ years on this)

Be aware the clutch is unique to NLP115 4wd diesel UC

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links