Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Using electronic key to open or shut windows

Louie

My 2023 Excel refuses open or close the windows on a long press of the open or shut key operation which is odd as my old Corolla gr2 Sport performed this without any problems. I notice in the manual it says that this operation has to be customised by the dealer has anyone any idea what they are talking about?

Ask the dealer to change this setting or use app like carista. Cannot be done in the car menu. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louie said:

My 2023 Excel refuses open or close the windows on a long press of the open or shut key operation which is odd as my old Corolla gr2 Sport performed this without any problems. I notice in the manual it says that this operation has to be customised by the dealer has anyone any idea what they are talking about?

Basically the dealer needs to turn it on via their diagnostic software. I had mine done during its first service; There shouldn't be a charge for it.

You could also do it using something like Carly or Carista, which are apps that also need the appropriate ODB2 dongle.

• Thanks 1

Hi. As a carly user I changed my code settings about 3 months ago with no problems.. Recently had an email from Carly advising that they are no longer supporting the code changing app for Toyota which they have now removed and you can no longer use the recode settings.

Carista would be a better alternative and cheaper. 

• Like 3

Dunno if it’s the same for Toyota but on my previous car you can have the function activated but if for some reason Battery was disconnected you have to “align” the windows settings. It should be done by closing the windows and when it’s fully closed press the button again as if you wanted to close it more and hold it for few seconds. That should be done for each window.

FYI this is about using the remote fob to remotely open/close the windows from outside the car while it's off, rather than recalibrating the one-touch function on the door controls inside the car.

I know, but to be able to open/close with key fob, the calibration of the windows must be done. If it is not calibrated, the remote close/open won’t work. At least this way it worked on my previous car (ford)

• Like 1

Ahh gotcha

13 hours ago, Tomv said:

I know, but to be able to open/close with key fob, the calibration of the windows must be done. If it is not calibrated, the remote close/open won’t work. At least this way it worked on my previous car (ford)

This is necessary on a lot of makes in order to recalibrate the one-press up/down function of the electric windows after Battery disconnection, but I don't recall ever having to do it on a Toyota. They seem to retain the calibration even after Battery disconnection.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links