Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto braking issue

Ken P

Hi, 

I have experienced a few issues with the auto braking on the Corolla.

I have it set to the lowest sensitivity, yet it has been very intrusive, quite frankly dangerous, on a few occasions.

When pulling out at a busy junction it seems to see the car that has passed in front of me and when I press the accelerator it goes forwards then I get all the warnings and it brakes, then releases and the accelerator is then disabled and I find myself stranded with traffic coming at me.

This has happened 3 times with just myself in the car, but also once with my family in it!

Anyone else had this problem?

Many thanks, Ken

That's the PDA doing this I would suggest. I have turned it off as I don't like it as it is very intrusive and even dangerous in the way it works. 

9 hours ago, bigblock said:

That's the PDA doing this I would suggest. I have turned it off as I don't like it as it is very intrusive and even dangerous in the way it works. 

You can try disabling PDA and that will stay off, I’m fact it’s off by default. However, I think it’s the pre collision system, mine has done that occasionally when going around a curve in town where there are parked cars and it thinks they are in front of me, it does an emergency brake. I’ve not experienced it as you described but sounds like you are too close to the car ahead and getting closer, it detects an imminent collision. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links