Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris hybrid 2014 repair manual

Matt85uk

Hi all

Hopefully everyone is doing well 

Car : Auris Hybrid 2014 Excel 17inch wheels. 90k mileage 

I need to replace front and rear disc and brake pads for front and rear. 
Also I need to replace front anti-roll links.

I was looking online to buy front disc but there are two sizes : 296mm and 277mm and I think 270mm for rear

Does anyone know what torque settings for tightening please?

Is there some kind of workshop/repair manual .pdf

many thanks

kind regards

The hybrid always use 296mm because of the weight.  non hybrid use 277mm but the one with sunroof will also use 296mm.  The good things about 296mm is shared with Camry and RAV4 and make it cheaper.   The torque for all brake nuts and lugnuts on toyota cars are the same. The wheel lugnuts torque spec is 103Nm.   For 14mm/13 bolts on the sliding pins are all hand tight 34Nm ; nothing crazy about it. Just use a normal-length wrench.  The 17mm that holds the calipers is 57Nm. 

https://attachments.priuschat.com/attachment-files/2021/10/213857_2010_Toyota_Prius_Repair_Manual_-_maintenance_-_brakes.pdf

Make sure you clean the sliding pins and add silicon grease on it.  The surface of the brake pads hardware must be free form rust and the pads can slide freely.  For the brake disc, I always buy Made in Germany Zimmermann for the front disc.  Some people said that ATE are not that good on Auris, wrapped easily.   Get the fully coated brake disc from Zimmermann, SKF, Hella Pagid.  Those are the best for Auris.  For the pads, gets anything with GG or GF rating. Aisin, Brembo, Hella, Zimmermann, Ferrodo, TRW.  Bosch

For almost 95% of Auris hybrid service manual is covered by Prius 2010-2015. 

• Like 1

Hi

Thank you very much for these details

I can see that front brake mounting bracket is 137Nm , well looks like I need to go to gym to prepare my muscles LOL.

Would you recommend to replace sliding pins with new ones regardless condition of existing pins?

Also do you know the torque Nm for front anti-roll bar link rods please.

Got these marked for attention on MOT but I thought that I can undertake this task together in line with the brakes now rather than later.

many thanks. I owe you Stella(or two, or three) Lol

On 1/29/2024 at 7:47 AM, Matt85uk said:

Hi

Thank you very much for these details

I can see that front brake mounting bracket is 137Nm , well looks like I need to go to gym to prepare my muscles LOL.

Would you recommend to replace sliding pins with new ones regardless condition of existing pins?

Also do you know the torque Nm for front anti-roll bar link rods please.

Got these marked for attention on MOT but I thought that I can undertake this task together in line with the brakes now rather than later.

many thanks. I owe you Stella(or two, or three) Lol

I don't think any brake parts more than 60Nm. Check the manual again. Don't change anything in Toyota if it is not broken. You downgrade the quality by replacing original parts even you get it from dealership. TOYOTA part with YZZ......... Part number are cheaper after market re box. 

Just get the Zn polymer coated brake disc aftermarket. Everything else, OEM is better but not with YZZ part number. 

21 hours ago, AisinW said:

https://www.allcarmanuals.com/factory-service-manual-286-Toyota-Prius-XW30-ZVW30.html

You can get all torque spec in Prius 3rd gen which  what Auris hybrid is. 

Thank you very very much

That’s help a lot

hiw many Stellas do I owe you?😉

I checked it all 

I only replace parts which came up as advisory on MOT 

Thank you for parts details what to buy, what to avoid

Thanks 👍🏻

thank you for your help

Stabilizer bar links especially rear is very expensive and they never went bad. We only need to replace the rubber bottom part in the rear stabilizer link. Febbest sold them as a kit for €7 each. Keep the metal parts of the  Original link, €120+ each. 

The front stabilizer bar links are ok with Aftermarket. You can get SKF, INA or F A G. Replace them only if the boots are torn. Otherwise, they rarely fail. 

Pressure wash the entire bottom subframe to prevent rust after winter season. The rear bushing on the control arm sometimes need silicon spray if they are squeaky. It is just noise, nothing serious. 

Thank You 🙏 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Great info here, thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Hi 

yes great info 

once again huge thanks to AisinW for sharing it.

Thanks

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links