Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Toyota app is being difficult

Louie

Any have any idea why I can't unlock my Excel remotely ? The message i get is " your alarm is set " so the request to open  door or boot fails  ???

Has anyone have any ideas what is going ? my dealer is currently at a loss as to the answer to this problem. If I have to disable the alarm using the key there is little point in having a remote unlocking facility or am I missing something that Toyota have not told us about ?

29 minutes ago, Louie said:

Any have any idea why I can't unlock my Excel remotely ? The message i get is " your alarm is set " so the request to open  door or boot fails  ???

I presume the alarm set message is in your App.  My Yaris Cross does not show that as an option.

Do you have a Smart Digital Key?  In the FAQ your phone needs to be within 10m for the unlock function on the App to work.

I am guessing that the alarm function  you mention might remain set of you are too far away.  That would stop someone jumping in.

Have a good browse through the FAQ in the App.

Hi Roy no my Excel is parked in my drive about 10 yards from my front room so distance  should not be an issue and I never have a problem connecting to it.

The alarm set facility is missing from my app so no idea what is going on though i have noticed lately that new options appear randomly such as demisting rear and front window which was not present before under turning on the climate control to warm the car up in freezing weather.

Oh yes what is a Smart Digital Key no one has mentioned that to me before. 

1 hour ago, Louie said:

Oh yes what is a Smart Digital Key no one has mentioned that to me before. 

No idea, just what the FAQ says.   It might mean your cell phone performs the proximity requirement for your keys. 

Could be a problem with a flat Battery or losing your phone.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links