Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris Cross issues

Al-Kibir2017

On 10/4/2022 at 8:30 PM, TonyHSD said:

Still not too bad. 👍  I am more inclined to trust people’s reviews and opinion about cars and how they perform over time more than auto journalism or statistics. Toyota has many models that are best in class for reliability. How I know that, well just look around and you will se what people are using for business. Aygo and Yaris are the most popular food delivery cars. Auris/ Corolla and Prius are the most popular in the taxi and private hire trade now over a decade. This alone says a lot. Plus my personal experience with these cars, I am confident to say that Toyota indeed are reliable cars. 👍

My dear friend. I just waited 6 months for a new Yaris Cross. I teusted Toyotavuntil now. I own also a Made in Japan RAV4 2 ltr. D4D. Always running.

The Yaris cross was accepted afterca rushed vefore Xmas delivery. Dirty bonnet. Rest of glue from transport plastic cover. Otherwise and out of xmas euphoria, i oversaw acfew details. Minor ones but now I realise there are more.

Over Xmas nothing got done and I complaint there and then through email to the seller. Been a nightmare ever since and it is just the beggining.

As I trusted Toyota, out of good faith I did not take the car under a fine tooth comb on delivery.

Here are the issues:

1. Plastic cover to brake fluid tank, part of wundscreen wiper fairing loose and badly fitting.

2. Badly fitted number plates. Really bodge job. Done at toyota dealership.

3. 12.1 lt/100km registered in history on board smart connect computer, consumed over a 13 km journey from workshop to show room prior to delivery to me. An impossible figure.

4. Antifreeze splattered all over engine and never cleaned.

5. Hatchback door does not close properly. Must be done by hard slaming which eventuslly will knock of alignment or danage rear view camara. Removed rubber stoppers but still bad.

6. Hatchback door interior and surround black paint, the same colour as roof paint, badly applied. Due to darkness never really seen untill I placed a stringer light im the boot to look at possible fitting points for D-Rings for language straps.

Around hinges there is hardly any paint and the resi is barely a thin trabsparent coat through which one csn see the orange body colour. Such a bodge I have never seen in my entire lifecand I am 69.

7. Overinflted tyres. Minor problem. Although I had requested nitrogen I was ignored.

8. Headlights set too high.

9. Ordered parking sensors. To be fitted just before delivery. Not a Chance they arrived 2 days ago. The wrong ones. Right make wrong type. Solution from the arrogant Toyota im Portugal: money back. We cannot get i,  was the word. They are being sold all over Europe but they can't get them.

10. The App is crap as it keeps telling me the car is open or the windows are open. I hVe gone back for nothing. O dont use it anymore.

Finally, their solution and suggestion is for me to return the car and cancel the order. God knows what they did with my previous car, abd besides I am sure it would cost me money.

That way they would get rid of a problem and I would get out of their bad reputation list. In other words they avoid the guarantee service.

It is not an accident all these extended garantee and service contracts. That way they keep the bad service and bad manufacture hidden.

Toyota was good. Is no longer. Toyota Europe is a network of un-professional people. The sellers do what they are told.

There is no quality control. All these problems are sub delegated to local, after sales departments, who then are instructed to get rid of clients with all sorts of tricks.

Does Toyota come here and read thus? No! They do not. Therefore, if we don't reach board of directors level in Japan they never know what's is going on as they are being fed the wrong information all the time. Money matters but for the Japanese quality abd customer satisfaction is paramount.

I am complaining to Japan. Might not change my situation but nayve it will change for future clients.

I just hope my hybrid engine does not pack up on me prematurely.

My advice also, as Toyota engines do clog up piston rings with oil sludhr and break down, do not use cheap oils and cheap oil filters. Use Toyota recommended grades; Toyota oils are Mobil 1. And change oil earlier at 5500 miles or about 8500 km, specially if you travel a lot of short distances. The cost in oil off Sets major engine break downs. There is also no such thing as already run in engines. Take it easy on the first 1k and onbthe next 2k. Before going crazy and change oil at the first 3000 kilometers. MHO.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Split into separate topic.

Joe, a rushed before Christmas delivery says it all.  Your problem is with the dealer,  a rushed PDI.  13km is nothing really, do you know where the pound is in relation to the workshop?

Tyre pressure being too high is not uncommon.  Headlight beam is a user adjustable item using the control.

Finally many would disagree with much of your oil change recommendations. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Joe, a rushed before Christmas delivery says it all.  Your problem is with the dealer,  a rushed PDI.  13km is nothing really, do you know where the pound is in relation to the workshop?

Tyre pressure being too high is not uncommon.  Headlight beam is a user adjustable item using the control.

I’m all for shorter oil change periods.  We should do better with our petrol engines and D4S injection but they’ve progressively pushed oil changes from 6000 to 10000 miles to make service costs competitive but certainly with diesel engines and direct injection petrol engines, it’s pushing the limits and it is proving problematic.  The very best way of extending engine life is with frequent oil changes.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Al-Kibir2017 said:

My dear friend. I just waited 6 months for a new Yaris Cross. I teusted Toyotavuntil now. I own also a Made in Japan RAV4 2 ltr. D4D. Always running.

The Yaris cross was accepted afterca rushed vefore Xmas delivery. Dirty bonnet. Rest of glue from transport plastic cover. Otherwise and out of xmas euphoria, i oversaw acfew details. Minor ones but now I realise there are more.

Over Xmas nothing got done and I complaint there and then through email to the seller. Been a nightmare ever since and it is just the beggining.

As I trusted Toyota, out of good faith I did not take the car under a fine tooth comb on delivery.

Here are the issues:

1. Plastic cover to brake fluid tank, part of wundscreen wiper fairing loose and badly fitting.

2. Badly fitted number plates. Really bodge job. Done at toyota dealership.

3. 12.1 lt/100km registered in history on board smart connect computer, consumed over a 13 km journey from workshop to show room prior to delivery to me. An impossible figure.

4. Antifreeze splattered all over engine and never cleaned.

5. Hatchback door does not close properly. Must be done by hard slaming which eventuslly will knock of alignment or danage rear view camara. Removed rubber stoppers but still bad.

6. Hatchback door interior and surround black paint, the same colour as roof paint, badly applied. Due to darkness never really seen untill I placed a stringer light im the boot to look at possible fitting points for D-Rings for language straps.

Around hinges there is hardly any paint and the resi is barely a thin trabsparent coat through which one csn see the orange body colour. Such a bodge I have never seen in my entire lifecand I am 69.

7. Overinflted tyres. Minor problem. Although I had requested nitrogen I was ignored.

9. Ordered parking sensors. To be fitted just before delivery. Not a Chance they arrived 2 days ago. The wrong ones. Right make wrong type. Solution from the arrogant Toyota im Portugal: money back. We cannot get i,  was the word. They are being sold all over Europe but they can't get them.

10. The App is crap as it keeps telling me the car is open or the windows are open. I hVe gone back for nothing. O dont use it anymore.

Finally, their solution and suggestion is for me to return the car and cancel the order. God knows what they did with my previous car, abd besides I am sure it would cost me money.

That way they would get rid of a problem and I would get out of their bad reputation list. In other words they avoid the guarantee service.

It is not an accident all these extended garantee and service contracts. That way they keep the bad service and bad manufacture hidden.

Toyota was good. Is no longer. Toyota Europe is a network of un-professional people. The sellers do what they are told.

There is no quality control. All these problems are sub delegated to local, after sales departments, who then are instructed to get rid of clients with all sorts of tricks.

Does Toyota come here and read thus? No! They do not. Therefore, if we don't reach board of directors level in Japan they never know what's is going on as they are being fed the wrong information all the time. Money matters but for the Japanese quality abd customer satisfaction is paramount.

I am complaining to Japan. Might not change my situation but nayve it will change for future clients.

I just hope my hybrid engine does not pack up on me prematurely.

My advice also, as Toyota engines do clog up piston rings with oil sludhr and break down, do not use cheap oils and cheap oil filters. Use Toyota recommended grades; Toyota oils are Mobil 1. And change oil earlier at 5500 miles or about 8500 km, specially if you travel a lot of short distances. The cost in oil off Sets major engine break downs. There is also no such thing as already run in engines. Take it easy on the first 1k and onbthe next 2k. Before going crazy and change oil at the first 3000 kilometers. MHO.

Like Roy, I think a lot of your issues are with the dealer but as they totally represent Toyota, I feel your frustration.   

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Al-Kibir2017 said:

Finally, their solution and suggestion is for me to return the car and cancel the order.

If it's that bad....why don't you just return the car ?

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Bob66 said:

If it's that bad....why don't you just return the car ?

That’s what we are all thinking 😃👌

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He does ask, what does he then do for wheels. 

Gone are the days you can walk into a showroom and drive out the same day.

There was a deal in Cyprus,  and Portugal might offer the same, you ordered a new car and bought a 2nd hand run at the same time.  They would buy the 2nd hand car back for the price you paid.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

As you're in Europe, go next door and buy a car there, and drive it back? You have the benefit that most countries are LHD, so take advantage of "free movement"?

The PDI on my new car was crap! Not only were the reg plates badly fitted, they drilled the tailgate...TWICE! So much for the pre-formed holes!

They also badly scratched the driver side wing and bonnet, presumably when washing it?

I wrote to Toyota GB who were very proactive at kicking the dealer and getting it sorted out.

Other than that, no issues with the car!

I hope you get things sorted out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Where does he state this....I cannot find what you say??

24 minutes ago, Bob66 said:

Where does he state this....I cannot find what you say??

"Finally, their solution and suggestion is for me to return the car and cancel the order. God knows what they did with my previous car, abd besides I am sure it would cost me money."

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Roy124 said:

"Finally, their solution and suggestion is for me to return the car and cancel the order. God knows what they did with my previous car, abd besides I am sure it would cost me money."

Nope....it's not there ...not even implied ?

He's saying they already got rid of his old car so he can't get it back, so if he does return this car, even with a full refund, he won't get his old car back, and will have to buy another one and loose more money.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

He's saying they already got rid of his old car so he can't get it back, so if he does return this car, even with a full refund, he won't get his old car back, and will have to buy another one and loose more money.

Nope...he doesn't say that at all....he actually said "God only knows".....which isn't true either.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 7:55 AM, Roy124 said:

How do you mean "the pound in relation to the workshop"... also, 13 km is enough to primarily damage a new engine. One only notices then when it is too late. Like a few years later as one notices that the engine is wearing off quicker. I have seen many a time in my entire life.

Pressure should not come out of PDI like that. Headlight Beam is a Factory issue and PDI issue not customer.

My last car was a VW. I had everything correctly. I even had Nitro in the tyres. Never asked for it.

The Yaris Cross or any Toyota Vehicle are very expensive cars for what they actually are, and a world renown and reputable company like Toyota should not deliver cars like that. But what do we expect from a European company. TMMF is European French/Belgium. Same quality as Citroen and Renault has been in the past 50 Years. 

Japanese made Toyota, I happen to have one also, are far better.

On 1/30/2024 at 7:55 AM, Roy124 said:

How do you mean "the pound in relation to the workshop"... also, 13 km is enough to primarily damage a new engine. One only notices then when it is too late. Like a few years later as one notices that the engine is wearing off quicker. I have seen many a time in my entire life.

Pressure should not come out of PDI like that. Headlight Beam is a Factory issue and PDI issue not customer.

My last car was a VW. I had everything correctly. I even had Nitro in the tyres. Never asked for it.

The Yaris Cross or any Toyota Vehicle are very expensive cars for what they actually are, and a world renown and reputable company like Toyota should not deliver cars like that. But what do we expect from a European company. TMMF is European French/Belgium. Same quality as Citroen and Renault has been in the past 50 Years. 

Japanese made Toyota, I happen to have one also, are far better.

On 1/31/2024 at 6:09 PM, Bob66 said:

Nope....it's not there ...not even implied ?

????? uhhh

On 1/31/2024 at 7:09 AM, Countryside said:

That’s what we are all thinking 😃👌

Because they will not give me the money I paid for it, the will revalue the car as second hand and my original car I had is also gone. That is a bad solution. Listen if you do not like my explanations please do not give such comments. I explained that it was a bad idea returning the car.

• Confused 1

@Al-Kibir2017 Pound as in Compound where one or more makes of cars are held prior to delivery to the selling dealers. 

In UK you have the right to reject the car and get your money back.  No revaluation and losing money.  Their problem not yours.

That 'bad solution' would not be quite as bad.  Your old car might still be available,  but less likely  the longer you wait.

If you can't get the old car back, and don't want to loose more money buying a new replacement elsewhere, you have only one option.

You must persuade the dealer to put right all the faults at their expense.

See next post for my advice

• Thanks 1

1. Plastic cover to brake fluid tank, part of wundscreen wiper fairing loose and badly fitting.

Point out problem 

2. Badly fitted number plates. Really bodge job. Done at toyota dealership.

Request refit,  new plates if  necessary 

3. 12.1 lt/100km registered in history on board smart connect computer, consumed over a 13 km journey from workshop to show room prior to delivery to me. An impossible figure

Forget it

4. Antifreeze splattered all over engine and never cleaned.

Minor issue,  point it out

5. Hatchback door does not close properly. Must be done by hard slaming which eventuslly will knock of alignment or danage rear view camara. Removed rubber stoppers but still bad.

Point out fault,  get it fixed

6. Hatchback door interior and surround black paint, the same colour as roof paint, badly applied. Due to darkness never really seen untill I placed a stringer light im the boot to look at possible fitting points for D-Rings for language straps.

Point out paint issues, request fix

If they dont have nitrogen you arent going to get it.  Ignore this.

There is an adjustment knob.  Not an issue.

9. Ordered parking sensors. To be fitted just before delivery. Not a Chance they arrived 2 days ago. The wrong ones. Right make wrong type. Solution from the arrogant Toyota im Portugal: money back. We cannot get i,  was the word. They are being sold all over Europe but they can't get them.

Issue, either fix or your money back.  This looks like an extra rather than OEM.

Irrelevant. 

This really reduces to defective paint and boot door adjustment. 

Speak with the dealer and be friendly. 

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

@Al-Kibir2017 Pound as in Compound where one or more makes of cars are held prior to delivery to the selling dealers. 

In UK you have the right to reject the car and get your money back.  No revaluation and losing money.  Their problem not yours.

That 'bad solution' would not be quite as bad.  Your old car might still be available,  but less likely  the longer you wait.

If you can't get the old car back, and don't want to loose more money buying a new replacement elsewhere, you have only one option.

You must persuade the dealer to put right all the faults at their expense.

See next post for my advice

My "Old" car, is gone somewhere. Probably will not be as I left it. Technically definitely not as I left it...  Then again I would rather my old car goes. I needed a higher vehicle and that option was the best I found. Being Toyota it meant quality to me. Well it was not.

Compound.. yes I thought you mean that. I could get all my money back also but only on the first 14 days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Al-Kibir2017 said:

My "Old" car, is gone somewhere. Probably will not be as I left it. Technically definitely not as I left it...  Then again I would rather my old car goes. I needed a higher vehicle and that option was the best I found. Being Toyota it meant quality to me. Well it was not.

Compound.. yes I thought you mean that. I could get all my money back also but only on the first 14 days.

In which case, speak nicely to the dealer. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links