Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car will not start

JayCee88

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

To my knowledge, all Toyotas that don't have the 12v battery in the engine bay, instead have a positive terminal in the engine bay fuse box - There's usually a red cover with a [+] symbol on it inside the engine bay fusebox which shields a big copper strip designed for a jump starter clamp.

Got it. Might pop the fuse box open to have a good look. What about the earth terminal? Just clip to the body ?

Help! Today the car starts but I get 2 flashing warning lights on the dash. It says Park Assist and PKSB unavailable.

Do I need call dealer? Reverse cam still works. 

IMG_0737.jpeg

1 hour ago, JayCee88 said:

Help! Today the car starts but I get 2 flashing warning lights on the dash. It says Park Assist and PKSB unavailable.

IMG_0737.jpeg

Managed to fix it. I need to first turn  both features off, drive around for a bit and turn it back on. I have also got a device that shows 12V Battery level when plugged into the socket to monitor.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JayCee88 said:

Got it. Might pop the fuse box open to have a good look. What about the earth terminal? Just clip to the body ?

Yup, same as in a normal car, just connect the negative clamp to a convenient bolt or other unpainted metal surface.

There are recommended ones listed in the manual but don't ask me what they are! :laugh: 

6 hours ago, JayCee88 said:

IMG_0737.jpeg

That is a common symptom of a low 12v Battery - My theory is the computers running them don't boot up properly due to the voltage sag and it triggers the error; I reckon if you run the car for a bit then turn it off and on again the errors will likely go away, but if so that all points at the 12v Battery being not long for this world!

A very useful topic, as this is my first Hybrid car and still getting use to it.

I have had the car four months and I'm very impressed with it so far, Its now nicely run in and has clocked up 3000 miles.

I have a 2023 2ltr GR Sport Hatchback, periodically I would like to charge the 12V Battery from the fuse box to keep the Battery healthy.

I have a CTEC MXS 5.0, can I just clarify what type of 12V Battery my car has - Lead Acid or AGM, and what do I set the CTEC charger too.

Thanks in advance for any information supplied.

On 2/1/2024 at 7:17 AM, JayCee88 said:

Tried starting the car as usual this morning and noticed a few errors popped up on the dash. Something about parking brake  and ignition failure, and to contact dealer. The brake pedal did feel a bit hard. 

I switched the car off and tried starting again but it will not start. The dash kept blinking. In the end there is no response. I cannot lock the car. The tail lights are always on. 

I have driven the car 2 days ago and it was fine. Feels like a dead battery. Just waiting for the dealership to open before giving them a call. Is this a dead battery? I’ve been through colder days and left the car undriven for longer time but no issues. 

Have you a meter to measure volts on Battery, can you

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links