Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Second Remote Key

GBgraham

When I picked up my new RAV4 (early Nov 23) they told me the second remote would have to follow because of microchip shortages, I'm still waiting!

Has this happened to anyone else and do you have the new remote now and how long did the replacements take, if not how long have you been waiting up to now?

I collected my car june 23 and both remote keys were present.....

There is a worldwide shortage of chips for electrical components. Contact your dealer to see if they are able to order the key for you, they are being phased for release, check with your dealer to make sure it is available 

• Like 1

Thanks guys, an hour after I posted this they contacted me to say the new remote had arrived and ready for programming.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There you go...........👍

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

There you go...........👍

Still 3 months though and it's build date was 3 months prior to that, not what I would call efficient on Toyota's behalf.

Anyway the main is that it's arrived👍

As I said, they can't supply what they don't have, the chips in keys and ECU's has been an ongoing issue for two years or more, for all manufacturers, some had to stop production of cars in order to save supply. It seems a sensible move to only supply one key until stocks became available, the "chip" situation is still not fully resolved, at least you get to drive your new car rather than still having it built but unable to drive it. I am just ordering some now for a second phase that have become available, there will be more phases most likely 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got my car in early May 2023 and got the spare key just a few days before Christmas...

• Like 2

I got a letter from Toyota it’s self to take my car to my dealership to pick up the second remote and have it programmed. The letter was done like a ‘Recall’ letter.

Now my dealer wasn’t ready for this, I had my first 10,000 mile service, took the car in and was told they needed to order the key fob taking another 2 weeks. Actually annoyingly I had booked well over 2 weeks in advance and asked to pick up the fob. Service said that was not a problem as they had the fobs anyway. So obviously did not hold one back for me, so when I got there, there were not any.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links