Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2020 RAV4 roofbars

SimonAdd

Hi there. We have the genuine Toyota bars for our car. Has anyone noticed that they don’t sit flush with the rails?

I was over in the US recently and what they supply there do.

Am I doing something wrong?

ta, Simon

Could be an idea to post a few pics and lets compare with others.

• Like 1

No they don't sit flush. Poor aesthetic design but does not affect their performance. I have had my roof box sitting on them on top of the car for the past year and it is still there.

Picture here

On 2/14/2024 at 9:59 AM, robo1 said:

Picture here

I have the genuine Toyota bars on mine (RAV4 HEV 2019) - they fit fine and have been fixed for 2yrs+ with no issues.

I have these roof bars   

I got them of eBay....

They look good, I have a sunroof on my rav4 so I might have a slightly different rail that the Roof Rack fits onto. That said, my brand new Toyota Roof Rack that I got on eBay at 50% of Toyota Retail price was good value. 

On 2/20/2024 at 8:39 AM, Dushio said:

They look good, I have a sunroof on my rav4 so I might have a slightly different rail that the roof rack fits onto. That said, my brand new Toyota roof rack that I got on eBay at 50% of Toyota Retail price was good value. 

I got the sunroof / pan roof and these work great....

15 hours ago, Mixstreme said:

I got the sunroof / pan roof and these work great....

How noisy are they, especially if you have the sunroof open?  I bought some Wispbars for my RAV4, which I have used on other cars and found them to be all but silent.  However, on the RAV4, the forward part of the roof rail is not horizontal and so the forward roof rail points downwards, destroying its otherwise aerodynamic profile and making it quite noisy.  That is a big disappointment, as I have to remove them whenever I am not carrying anything.  On other cars I have just left them permanently in place, as they were silent and did not detract from the fuel economy.

Incidentally, are the genuine Toyota roofbars fairly quiet or do they need to be removed too?

They are genuine Toyota bars and feet etc. So when I put them on to start with I put a strip of black gorilla tape all the way across the rubber  top of each bar and no noise whatsoever. I don’t keep the roof open above 45-50mph and just have the roof on tilt up to say 60mph max. The bars have been on the car for 2.5years and I’m very pleased with them. 

• Thanks 1

To be fair I only use them as and when required, not really noticed or paid attention to any noise when they were empty, but I never did any speed or distance...  Ive no issues removing and replacing as required as they dont get much use due to my Taxi sign needing the pride of place at the rear........    

On 2/20/2024 at 5:28 AM, Mixstreme said:

I have these roof bars   

I got them of ebay....

Can you give me a link for this.

Toyota original bars on eBay atm for £95 which is a fair price given that they are £220+ new. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mixstreme said:

Thank for the link unfortunately they aren't available at the moment in eBay as well as Amazon. I will have to wait. 

On 3/1/2024 at 10:41 AM, Dushio said:

Toyota original bars on eBay atm for £95 which is a fair price given that they are £220+ new. 

Are they still there? Can't seem to locate.

6 hours ago, Torrox said:

Thank for the link unfortunately they aren't available at the moment in ebay as well as Amazon. I will have to wait. 

Aliexpress

Incidentally, what is the car's weight limit for the Roof Rack and its load?  I couldn't find that in either the brochure or the owner's manual.

9 hours ago, Centaur said:

Incidentally, what is the car's weight limit for the roof rack and its load?  I couldn't find that in either the brochure or the owner's manual.

I think the total load on a pare of Roof Rack is generally about 80 Kg.

Edited by Torrox
Typo

Next mission is trying to work out what type. My 2020 Design has rails running front to rear but have a removable cover at each end for crossbars. Is this what is meant by "Closed Roof Rails with Fixed Points"?  Want to make sure before ordering.

Yes they are called fixpoint. You replace the cover with one with a hole in it and screw a bolt into the roof connector. If you visit roofbox.co.uk you can put in your car details and view the options including instructions.

not sure why above is blue?

• Thanks 1

Thanks robo1. Ironically I phoned roofbox.co.uk earlier this morning and they were very helpful.

Cheers buddy.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 7:06 AM, Mixstreme said:

Not sure I like the design where the 2 bolts go in from underneath to be honest.

I have some CRUZ Airo FIX black aluminium roof bars with fitting kit CR6029 (936-029)  going spare if anyone looking. Only used a few times on my 2020 car. Bars came with car and only swapping as cheaper to replace bars than my roofbox as its older type and not "t" bar fitting. 

Based near Warrington. ...say £50 all in.?  Pm if interested.

sorry me bad....moved to sale section. please delete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links