Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear mud fenders

Grumpy stumpy

Having had our new RAV4 September 2023 model have found it has the same issue our 2004 Rav had where mud and dirt gets up inside the rear doors, our 2009 Rav doesn’t suffer from this as door design is different. I have just ordered a pair of “rear mud fenders “ as they are called to see what they are like, once fitted will give you all an update unless someone has these fitted already. Not too cheap £54 all in from AliExpress as only place that does such a thing .

IMG_1468.thumb.png.c8f5fcd75dc2b0e5b35021af033e3109.pngIMG_1467.thumb.png.665a26868710882f410c8d862f5d66b9.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

They are in my shopping lift also - waiting for spring 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 11:27 AM, Grumpy stumpy said:

Having had our new RAV4 September 2023 model have found it has the same issue our 2004 Rav had where mud and dirt gets up inside the rear doors, our 2009 Rav doesn’t suffer from this as door design is different. I have just ordered a pair of “rear mud fenders “ as they are called to see what they are like, once fitted will give you all an update unless someone has these fitted already. Not too cheap £54 all in from AliExpress as only place that does such a thing .

IMG_1468.thumb.png.c8f5fcd75dc2b0e5b35021af033e3109.pngIMG_1467.thumb.png.665a26868710882f410c8d862f5d66b9.png

Hi,

Did you get around to fitting these yet ?

Toying with getting the same 👍

Cheers

Not arrived yet  on route , saying 20-25th March so will let you know once here and fitted .

• Like 2

I had (not exactly the same issue but...) rear and front mud flaps (after) mounted /fitted on our RAV 4 PHEV 2020 and I think it helped a bit.

The only negative thing Ive noticed was a bit more noice from the wheels(house)

Maybe just my imagination

On 3/7/2024 at 9:50 AM, Grumpy stumpy said:

Not arrived yet  on route , saying 20-25th March so will let you know once here and fitted .

OK - thanks 👍

On 3/7/2024 at 8:29 AM, Station said:

Hi,

Did you get around to fitting these yet ?

Toying with getting the same 👍

Cheers

Im currently on my second set of these, they do work, but....  the first drivers side smashed when a bottle in a bag caught it. Luckily, I tend to buy spares as I like to fix things straight away, so on went the spare.

2 Months later, Exactley the same on the passenger side except this was caused by a passenger dropping his iPhone on the fender.   

Ive found the platic to be very disapointing in its actual quality and lack of strength.  

With the 2 old broken pieces, I have set about rebuilding them using fibreglass as this will fix the holes and provide better strength...   once sprayed up and looking good, they will become my spare set again...   

There is a difference in the 2 sets I have, one set (broken) has the dimples on the edge, the other set is flat...   

• Like 1

I think I have the flat set coming should be here this weekend by the tracking .

1 minute ago, Grumpy stumpy said:

I think I have the flat set coming should be here this weekend by the tracking .

The flats do actually feel better quality.....   Im sure once complete the other dimple set will be solid......  I even thought of running a bit of fibreglass under the flats to ensure extra strength.  Im sure you wont be punishing these items as much as I do..

No probably not by the sound of it 😂

Just arrived, tbh they look fairly well made , will try and fit within the next couple of weeks 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Very easy to fit, takes 5 min each side....   

1 hour ago, Mixstreme said:

Very easy to fit, takes 5 min each side....   

Good to know cheers 👍

Fitted this morning , fit fairly good like you say easy to fit . Rest of car needs a dam good clean !
IMG_1489.thumb.jpeg.60fe7b3d9daaaab1cadeb2cfe88ebe3f.jpegIMG_1490.thumb.jpeg.3198e72ca2bba81b3b762e535830ccba.jpegIMG_1491.thumb.jpeg.90b5049ad979b70cf4cd74958821b6b6.jpegIMG_1492.thumb.jpeg.6fb0d493440becfa7292ee2f7ed9f87e.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links