Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT app not working on iPhone and iPad?

eyemdee

Tried to log into MyT app today and after entering username and password I get a blank My Garage screen which just says Updating...

Tried on iPhone and iPad and it is the same on both. Is it just me?

No the app is rubbish , mine doesn’t work with an iPhone 

MyToyota is also full of bugs it makes you sign in most times even thou I have not signed out.

I glad it not my banking app.

No Range info for me on this app but it was working on the MyT app.

Ian have you tried MyToyota app instead.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

Ian have you tried MyToyota app instead.

Yes, sorry, my mistake, it is the My Toyota app. It has always worked before but today seems to have lost contact with the car. It is just the My Garage and Notifications pages not working. When I click on the My Garage header the screen is greyed out but the Vin number is visible but that is all.

• Like 1

While you have the Garage screen 'updating' swipe down from the top.  Not the very top but within the App page.

BTW. I just opened mine and there had been an update to permissions.  The latest version I have is: 2.5.0(230) Production

5 hours ago, Roy124 said:

While you have the Garage screen 'updating' swipe down from the top.  Not the very top but within the App page.

BTW. I just opened mine and there had been an update to permissions.  The latest version I have is: 2.5.0(230) Production

Thanks Roy. I just tried this but it doesn’t do anything apart from causing another spinning wheel to appear for a few seconds. I have reconnected the car to my account using the log in and code method which was successful but the app Still doesn’t work. Where do I find permissions? 

Ian, bottom of the main screen, 4th from left a little body icon.  Go from there

4 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Ian, bottom of the main screen, 4th from left a little body icon.  Go from there

Thanks. Looked there. Most of the options result in a spinning wheel on a darkened screen but there is 2.5.0 (142)->prod at the bottom of the screen

Have you tried loging off then signing back into app if that fails then close down your mobile then switch it back on.

40 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

Have you tried loging off then signing back into app if that fails then close down your mobile then switch it back on.

Thanks Derek. Just tried switching the iPad right off and rebooting but it is still the same. I have logged on and off several times. The car connected to my account ok and loads my profile off the web but it's just the app which doesn't seem to be communicating. I have emailed mytoyota@toyota.co.uk so will see what they say.

Got a reply from Toyota after 5 days but not much help yet. Apologised for the delay replying and asked whether I was still having the issue! The app is still the same on two devices. A blank My Garage screen with a spinning wheel and Updating... beneath it. No information whatsoever from the car itself. Surely someone else must have experienced this?

Answer from Toyota below which is a very disappointing response:-

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your email.

It is a compatibility issue.

The app store currently states iOS 15.0 and above is supported on the MyToyota app which was correct at the time of release of the new MyToyota app.

We are now currently in the transition of issuing a new MyToyota app update. iPad devices is no longer supported

I am afraid it will be supported for Apple devices with iOS 16 and above.

I hope for your understanding and thank you for contacting us at Toyota.

Kind regards

12 minutes ago, eyemdee said:

Answer from Toyota below which is a very disappointing response:-

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your email.

It is a compatibility issue.

The app store currently states iOS 15.0 and above is supported on the MyToyota app which was correct at the time of release of the new MyToyota app.

We are now currently in the transition of issuing a new MyToyota app update. iPad devices is no longer supported

I am afraid it will be supported for Apple devices with iOS 16 and above.

I hope for your understanding and thank you for contacting us at Toyota.

interesting…

Can't you just update the ipad? My phone is on 17.3 

Working normally for me (v2.5.0(142)) on both iPad and iPhone.

Both on latest iOS.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Can't you just update the ipad? My phone is on 17.3 

My iPad is a 6th generation, currently running IOS 17.2 but the app doesn't work on it. Toyota are saying that iPads are no longer supported which is not true according to feedback here. I think there is something else wrong but they are not admitting it or don't know themselves. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, eyemdee said:

My iPad is a 6th generation, currently running IOS 17.2 but the app doesn't work on it. Toyota are saying that iPads are no longer supported which is not true according to feedback here. I think there is something else wrong but they are not admitting it or don't know themselves. 

Apps work slightly differently on an ipad.. perhaps their software engineers didnt realise that. Lol

14 minutes ago, Paul john said:

Apps work slightly differently on an ipad.. perhaps their software engineers didnt realise that. Lol

The app worked fine on both my devices until the last 2.5.0 update since when it just sits saying Updating.... I looked in the App Store and the MyToyota app has hundreds of 1 star reviews with others experiencing the same problem. I think their saying it is not iPad compatible is because they don't know what else to say. I am not impressed!

• Like 1

Dont understand the logic of having your MTA  on both an Ipad and an iPhone. Some Apple apps work fine on an iPhone but are terrible on an IPad or just dont work plus where are you going to plant your Ipad in any vehicle. 

The MTA is just rubbish as it works in a fashion on my iPhone 12 pro but its very clunky. It is entirely intermittent in its functionality.  I live in a strong 5g/4g signal and have good internet at home so i cant blame it on signal loss. Here is a short list of disfunctions 1. lost trip data and now 10 days behind why ? 2. false alarms on door locks etc. 3 Face recognition is intermittent even though it works ok on the phone and if lost you have to manually log in after a total reboot of your phone maddening. 4. Spurious messages telling me this or that has failed when in fact its fine.

I have become immune to this rubbish data and now take it with a pinch of salt. Toyota need a fresh influx of coders who actually know what they are doing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links