Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to increase the resistance of the accelerator ?

Aygo_38

For a standing start, the resistance of the accelerator pedal is so weak that I can hardly feel the pedal. Actual steady driving is OK- I just move my foot back or forward - depending on what I want to happen. (If nothing happens, it means that my foot is waving around in the space to the right of the pedal.) 

It's only standing starts that gives problems. Since there's no resistance, I don't know where the pedal is.

I'm now nearly 80, and I've never had that problem with any previous car.

Note: This issue might be related to my other recent post: "How to Increase idle speed ?"

When I got the Aygo a couple of months ago, I was wearing leather trainers. These are fine for walking, but I couldn't feel the Aygo accelerator pedal at all. I had no idea which position it was in. So I had to drive by speedometer.

I wore the same leather trainers for the final 3 months of my previous Toyota Corolla. No problems.

I quickly bought a pair of "jogging" trainers, with very thin, flexible soles which can be doubled over till the toe is touching the uppers. That helped slightly. Maybe I should take my shoes off.

As with my other post, I've started keeping an eye on the rpm counter.

Is there any way to increase the "resistance" of the pedal. In other words, I wan to push harder for the same result.

Thanks

like most modern cars it's an electronic throttle so you don't get the feel of a cable throttle not a lot you can do without messing with the spring, and you likely to break something in the process

from a standing start the feedback from the clutch/engine should be enough to tell you whether more or less throttle application is needed. 

I'd highly recommend getting out there and practicing to get used to it. Especially low speed manoeuvres where you are using mainly clutch and light throttle application.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links