Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Confirmation That We Bought Right

GBgraham

Seems Honda has come down a lot... VW group is a mess...

• Like 1

It is a US study though, which includes models from most manufacturers which are not available in Europe.

• Like 3

However of those brands which are known in the UK, the results broadly mirror similar surveys from What Car and the likes. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

It is a US study though, which includes models from most manufacturers which are not available in Europe.

Well there is twice as many none US manufacturers in the list and I would say it all boils down to the make, designers, engineering, components and how they are screwed together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GBgraham said:

Well there is twice as many none US manufacturers in the list and I would say it all boils down to the make, designers, engineering, components and how they are screwed together.

As I understand, most if not all Toyotas sold in the US are made in North America. Lexus models are largely imported from Japan.

Either way it all tends to confirm Toyota's reputation for reliability ... 🙂

It does seem a little 'odd' to find VAG quite so far down the list.

• Like 1

My family has had 40+ years of toyota cars and all of them have been exceptionally reliable.

Every German car Audi, Vw and Mercedes I have had has been unreliable. Mercedes were the worst by far. Beautiful interiors and good to drive, if you ignored the fuel consumption, but endless faults which cost a fortune to put right.

• Like 2

Remember, US model years are a year ahead, so this will be 2023 sold cars

TBH these figures can be very brand bias and numbers are easily manipulated

Lies, damn lies and statistics

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Remember, US model years are a year ahead, so this will be 2023 sold cars

TBH these figures can be very brand bias and numbers are easily manipulated

Lies, damn lies and statistics

You sceptic😄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

As I understand, most if not all Toyotas sold in the US are made in North America. Lexus models are largely imported from Japan.

Either way it all tends to confirm Toyota's reputation for reliability ... 🙂

It does seem a little 'odd' to find VAG quite so far down the list.

I don't find it odd, VAG was sliding down the slippery pole in reliability when I retired from the motor trade in 2009, and in earlier days I would recommend VAG as a reliable car to buy.

• Like 2

Yes Lexus and Toyota are also at the top of reliability charts in which, shame you can’t insure them because of poor security.

1 hour ago, ROCKETRON said:

Yes Lexus and Toyota are also at the top of reliability charts in which, shame you can’t insure them because of poor security.

???? Please explain? 

• Like 1

Just had an email from lv, who I have been with for years, telling me that they can’t renew my insurance in April on my 2019 rav 4. They are very apologetic but state that theft claims and cat claims are costing far too much because of security issues with the car. I don’t know if it’s only London cars or all ravs but will have to try to sort out another insurance at a reasonable price or sell the car that I love and probably won’t get much for it if others are struggling to get insurance also.  So the car being at the top of reliability charts doesn’t mean much if you can’t insure it.

I insured my Yaris just fine :whistling1: :tongue: :laugh: 

But yeah, that's mainly limited to the RAV4 and some versions of the Auris and Prius; None of the other cars are significantly affected aside from the general insurance price hike that affects everyone.

The germans have definitely dropped down the reliability ranks but Toyota have also dropped down the luxury ranks by a similar amount - It just shows the different direction they've taken over the years; Toyota sacrificing the luxury side to maintain reliability, while the germans tend to double-down on the luxury side while sacrificing reliability.

What I don't get is how Chevy and Mini are so high!! :eek: :laugh: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROCKETRON said:

Just had an email from lv, who I have been with for years, telling me that they can’t renew my insurance in April on my 2019 rav 4. They are very apologetic but state that theft claims and cat claims are costing far too much because of security issues with the car. I don’t know if it’s only London cars or all ravs but will have to try to sort out another insurance at a reasonable price or sell the car that I love and probably won’t get much for it if others are struggling to get insurance also.  So the car being at the top of reliability charts doesn’t mean much if you can’t insure it.

I suspect it is where you live. There are problems with insuring many brands in London and elsewhere. Have you read about Range Rovers being uninsurable? I have had no problem in West Yorkshire and this has not been raised before on the forum. How much no claims do you have? 

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

and this has not been raised before on the forum

oh yes it has! 😉 

The subject has been raised several times across the forums - both that premiums have risen rather alarmingly, and that insurers are declining to provide cover. Our premiums rose a fair bit last October and by January our insurer wasn't giving quotes - not that that's a problem yet since we are currently insured. I'm not looking forward to renewal time but there's no point in worrying yet! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, philip42h said:

oh yes it has! 😉 

The subject has been raised several times across the forums - both that premiums have risen rather alarmingly, and that insurers are declining to provide cover. Our premiums rose a fair bit last October and by January our insurer wasn't giving quotes - not that that's a problem yet since we are currently insured. I'm not looking forward to renewal time but there's no point in worrying yet! 

I am aware of comments about rising premiums (all car insurance is rising) however I have not seen threads referring to refusing to offer RAV4 insurance. 

12 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

I suspect it is where you live. There are problems with insuring many brands in London and elsewhere. Have you read about Range Rovers being uninsurable? I have had no problem in West Yorkshire and this has not been raised before on the forum. How much no claims do you have? 

I have over 20years Ncd clean licence and no accidents. It’s not me it’s the car and living in London that’s the problem.

2 hours ago, ROCKETRON said:

I have over 20years Ncd clean licence and no accidents. It’s not me it’s the car and living in London that’s the problem.

you do not have 20 years NCD (since 2021) it is capped at 9 years

LV underwent some large restructuring it is now owned by Allianz and there have been major changes to the underwriting to mitigate losses - the supply chain and the high cost of repair means they are writing cars off rather than repair them

• Like 1

We are back to 3 years NCD after an own fault accident last October. Still managed relatively reasonable insurance renewal in December at £1200 full comp on a 2 yr old PHEV. 

• Sad 1

On 2/14/2024 at 12:09 PM, Chas G said:

Every German car Audi, Vw and Mercedes I have had has been unreliable. Mercedes were the worst by far. Beautiful interiors and good to drive, if you ignored the fuel consumption, but endless faults which cost a fortune to put right.

Since 1986 we have owned 4 VW's, a BMW, a Seat and 3 Skodas and covered (best guess) about 425,000 miles in total. In that time we have had to pay for (excluding wear items such as bulbs, Wiper Blades, brakes and tyres) one full exhaust, one rear box, pair of front springs and that is it.

Always been a joy to drive (the Mk 3 Golf was a bit of a blancmange), always economical and the only actual breakdown was back in 1986 when a fuel pump failed (known issue which affected all brands fitted with that Bosch pump), car back on road same afternoon.

Don't think the Yaris will do much better than that to be honest.

On 2/14/2024 at 8:06 AM, GBgraham said:

May be a graphic of text that says "J.D. Power 2024 U.S. Vehicle Dependability StudySM Brand Ranking Problems per 100 Vehicles(PP100) Lexus Toyota Buick Chevrolet MINI Porsche Mazda 135 147 149 175 185 BMW Dodge Jeep Study Average Cadillac Hyundai Subaru Nissan Genesis Ram GMC Honda Acura Mercedes-Benz Infiniti Ford Volvo Lincoln Volkswagen Land Rover Audi Chrysler 190 196 198 198 199 200 201 206 206 216 218 219 239 245 251 267 268 275 310 Tesla^ Lexus ranks highest among Premium brands, andis notedby gold bar, highest among brands, byo study 252 Source:J.D. Charts criteria. statistice other media must accompaniedbya statement Rankingsa umericals the Power."

Interesting, but further endorsement of Toyota reliability is out there in the media.
I became a fan some 25 years ago & constantly reminded of just how the good they are. Toyota's appear at scale world wide particularly in the Asia, African, & South American continents where I'm sure 100% reliability is paramount. It's become a hobby spotting the Toyota Badge when TV viewing the news, travel, major construction, & agriculture etc.

Barry Wright, Lancashire.

• Like 3

Yep I bore my family to tears by shouting "Toyota" whenever we see one in a remote travel programme. 

• Haha 3

Remember the Avensis ad on tv. The car in front is a Toyota🤔😄

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2024 at 9:38 PM, ROCKETRON said:

Well we all know who's responsible for the London crisis🤔😁

image.thumb.jpeg.9db295c7c92d76247f7eff07bb2568c5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links