Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New joiner from the Netherlands!

Arno C.

Hi all,

wanted to quickly introduce myself, I'm Arno from the Netherlands. Currently driving my Toyota Corolla Touring Sports 2.0 Hybrid Business Intro Sport from 2019, which we bought in 2021.
It's actually my second Toyota (driving a leased Prius in 2010, the new facelift model at that time), but my first Toyota I own privately. We're a family of 4 with 2 children of 14 and 11 years old.

So far the car is great, it has all the things I need, including Apple Carplay. The car is now a little over 100K KM and so far without any issues, driving around 30K per year.
I get a solid 5.1L / 100KM which is more than fine for this type of car. Also in the summer holiday it is a wonderful car, which takes us over the mountains with all the luggage we need for 2 weeks.
Never regretted taking the 2.0 version, as well as the business intro sport trim. I like the 18" rims although they are sensitive to scratches, which unfortunately already got.

I recently updated my wife's car (a Mazda 2 / Demio) with a rear view camera and Apple carplay. Was also looking into doing some improvements myself to the Corolla.
High on the list is having a rear seat USB charging port, but haven't found a good solution yet.
I would also like to upgrade the OEM infotainment which looks like it's from the stone age when Carplay is not on.
Especially seeing that the new 2023 model has made a step up.
I have found some things on AliExpress which I'm confident I can install but not sure about the quality and if the OBD part (like energy monitor) and steering wheel controls / back camera would still work.

Still have a lot of reading to do here but happy to join the community.

Cheers,
Arno

welcome, Arno

Hi Arno, Welcome lots of good advice when you need it and always welcome when you give it 😀

Thanks all, feels great to be part of the family 😀

Hello Arno - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Arno - welcome to the TOC! Great place to get help, give help, and ...well generally hang out with some really nice people! Hope the weather in Netherlands is great! Have fun! :clapping:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links