Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor acceleration

muddyrav4

Hi, newbie here.

I love my RAV4 MK2 but it has an issue which is gradually getting worse and worse.

Acceleration is an issue, it started mainly when going up hill. Recently, on a long climb up hill on a motorway it wouldn't go over 40mph (that was in 3rd gear at 3krpm, when I had it in 4th it wouldn't get up to 1.5k rpm)

It's getting worse as acceleration is very very slow, even on a slight incline I struggle to get 30mph and even if I have it going at speed the second I hit a hill it rapidly looses speed.

I've just cleaned the egr which was clogged open so I was hoping that would make a difference but it hasn't at all.

It's thrown no codes or anything, no light has come on either.

No turbo whine (thinking it may be dead)

Not sure where to look first as it feels a bit like a stab in the dark.

Thanks 

• 2 months later...

This was posted some time ago,  and the poster may no longer be here, but I wonder

if they found out what the problem was.  Something which should have been picked

up during a service ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hadrian1 said:

This was posted some time ago,  and the poster may no longer be here, but I wonder

if they found out what the problem was.  Something which should have been picked

up during a service ?

Hi Alan, the EGR was cleaned but there are many possibilities of what could have caused the problem but as you say it would have been good to get a update as it would help others who may have encountered the same issue.:smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links