Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rejected my Aygo this week

Chriss27

I bought a 64 Reg Aygo in August and discovered a water leak in the boot in December. A well known issue with this car at the time. They diagnosed what they thought was the fault in one of the Rear light clusters, but again the same issue happened again. They re-sealed all possible known areas to fix the issue but yet again did not resolve the issue. So I decided to use the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and rejected the car which the Toyota dealer accepted. Got all my money back less £150 for the extra mileage I had put on the car. Fair result tbh. 

• Like 4

Did they replace any seals from the trunk or doors ?

I am not sure where they resealed as they weren’t specific  but all the issues were to do with the rear lights, they admitted they missed an issue when it had been in on the past two occasions. 

• Like 1

Good result – considering circumstances.

Out of curiosity, how did you prove this is a well-known issue?

1 hour ago, APS said:

Good result – considering circumstances.

Out of curiosity, how did you prove this is a well-known issue?

There are plenty of posts on this forum about this issue and my dealer advised back in the day Toyota did a recall to fix the issue. Maybe mine slipped through the net 

• Like 4

Hi Chris, well done you used your consumer rights after you gave them the opportunity to resolve the issue, many people don't like to go down this route and do not know they have a right to reject their vehicle.👍

• Like 2

On 2/15/2024 at 4:39 PM, Chriss27 said:

I bought a 64 Reg Aygo in August and discovered a water leak in the boot in December. A well known issue with this car at the time. They diagnosed what they thought was the fault in one of the Rear light clusters, but again the same issue happened again. They re-sealed all possible known areas to fix the issue but yet again did not resolve the issue. So I decided to use the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and rejected the car which the Toyota dealer accepted. Got all my money back less £150 for the extra mileage I had put on the car. Fair result tbh. 

Not a fair result !!

I took a company to court using the Consumers Right Act and won....mileage is irrelevant....they should 'not' have kept your £150 for the extra mileage !!

No Argument. No Quibbles.

Full Refund ....means Full Refund !!

Read the Consumers Right Act again.

Go back and demand your £150 back...if they refuse open a case online via the small claims court.

(It's a £35 fee for claiming up to £300 but you'll also get this back when you win your case. You'll be surprised how simple this is.)

100% you will get your money back as they had no right to keep 'any' of your money.

He drove the car 4 or 5 months...   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, haelewyn said:

He drove the car 4 or 5 months...   

I think his point is that is irrelevant 

I thought Techfreak read over this detail. 

I am not going to argue about the law in uk but I am very sure that in my country, there is a golden principle that nobody can get more rich from an insurance or any other claim.

In 4 or 5 months, i am driving around 2000 km. If I had the advantage of transportation, the small leak doesnt change that. So, also in my heart I think it's well overdoing it if a customer would mind about the 150 pounds.

If decided in court, in my country it would not / never hold up. There is enough ground for the garage to stick to their 150 pounds.

If our member was within his right to ask for a cancellation of the sale, it was ok to ask for his money back. 

The garage's offer to take 150 for usage of the car for 4 - 5 months seems generous and not exaggerated to me.

• Like 2

I think the dealer should be praised, some garages charge 35-50 pence per mile driven. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links