Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering

Hmc1

Morning to our slightly elite club! I’ve had mine 16 months now and sort of used to her lol , still pine my Kia old Kia Carrens !  
the one thing bugs / worries me is the feel of the steering. Hard to explain, when on the straight like duel or motorway I notice more . It’s like ermmm sticky? I get the feeling it might not turn , of course, it always does, but it doesn’t feel smooth . Does anyone get what I’m trying to say lol . Mechanic has driven it on the motorway and obviously when it goes for MOT or anything and can’t feel anything different. Is this just that I’ve never driven something in permanent four-wheel-drive? I was just curious sorry for waffling

It is entirely possible the universal joint (45209 in the picture) is semi seized, that gives a strange feeling to the steering, often feels stiff/slack/stiff as you turn the wheel lock to lock. Check the joint, rust coming out of the joint is a classic look when the needle rollers are worn out through lack of lube 

image.thumb.png.dbd491193ee43fce52720da3fcbef806.png

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links