Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch How Long Should It Last

LORD_ED

the gen 6 gt im lookin at apparently is havin a new clutch installed its only done 67k with a full history on it and looks mint should i be conserned

ed

its better they do it , i was told they cost anywhere from £ 300 TO £500 .

dont know the exact lifetime of the clutch but 67000 is a fair bit. depends on what driving its seen ( wheel spins etc ) and the quality of the clutch fitted , i presume its the original toyota clutch thats comming out.

n plate how much is it up for £ 5500 ish ???

having just read up a little it seems 67000 is a third of its life , most likely the car has been drivin hard at times , seems like a case of if you didnt find out you would never of known.

Edited by maleborn1967

There really is no set life mileage for a clutch. The clutch on a learner car for example may last less than 30,000 miles whereas a reps car may see 150.000 if it spends most of its life on the motorway. It depends on the driver and the type of motoring.

here;s a pic of mine uncared for got it for £ 3500 2 years ago

ca6.jpg

As stated before, really depends on how the car is driven but around 70-80K is about normal for the clutch to be changed. I've had mine done and that was around 80K, payed £400 for the clutch and fitting so its no cheap job!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links