Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla to Yaris Cross

Chriss27

Has anyone moved from a Corolla to a Yaris Cross ? If so what are the pros and cons. Thanks in advance 

I didn't have a Corolla, but I had a good test-drive of both the Corolla and the Yaris Cross before deciding on the Cross.   My existing cars were a Mazda 6 and a Renault Captur, and I planned to trade in one of them.    My local Toyota dealer let me try both on the same day, similar trim levels.

Performance-wise they seemed much the same, the Corolla is a heavier car with a bigger engine - but also the salesman came with me on the drive with the Yaris Cross, but not when I took the Corolla, so it was difficult to compare with an extra person in the car, however the Yaris Cross' performance was good enough with three people in the car compared to the Corolla with two people in it over the same route.   The Yaris Cross was harder to park due to poor rear visibility, but that's overcome with the reversing camera. 

I found the Corolla good to drive, on par with the Mazda, but very low down, it felt like I was sitting on the road, and awkward to get out of. 

The Yaris Cross was more like the Captur, but due to the design of the bonnet feels like a much larger car to drive.  It has a smaller boot, but still quite a bit larger than the Captur had.  With the rear seat folded down and a low boot lip it provides sufficient luggage room when needed.

I found that the Yaris Cross is more difficult to get in and out of the back as the doors don't open as wide as they should, however I rarely carry any more than one passenger.  This was offset by the difficulty of getting out of the much lower down Corolla.

In the end, I chose the Yaris Cross and traded in the Captur.  For same age/mileage, the Corolla is more expensive, so my budget didn't extend to new, however I found an ex-demo Yaris Cross unexpectedly within my budget, and also a better trade-in offer which helped.

I find the Yaris Cross more comfortable to drive long distances compared to the Captur, and fuel ecomony much the same on long motorway journeys (comparing the YC petrol hybrid vs a 1.5 diesel Captur).  Despite the three-cylinder engine being pushed to the limit when accelerating hard, it is a very smooth drive.  Wind noise is more noticeable due to the higher profile compare to the Corolla (and Mazda), but no different to the Captur.

This isn't the best comparison review, but hope it helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Several threads here.  I went Corolla to Cross.  Bigger boot, higher seating, enough poke for rapid overtake though I admit the Corolla exceeded 70 faster than the Cross.  In more relaxed driving no significant difference. 

Also better steering wheel controls 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links