Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota VIP event

G L J

I have just had a invite from my local dealer to a Toyota VIP event .

Apparently it is a closed door event with authorised VIP bonus on new and used Toyota vehicles.

I am not thinking about changing my vehicle at the moment but was just wondering if any member has ever attended one and are there any real savings to be made.

Not just Toyota dealers who have these marketing events. Over the years I've been to several similar events from a variety of marques. 

GLR. We went to one with the intention to buy a Corolla Cross in 2024. We bought a Yaris Cross. 

We were called last summer and 'sold' another YC.  Its delivery for March has been deferred to June and the updated model.

We just got that invite for this weekend too.  However they said no point in going as we have one on order.

I suspect it is a round robin from Toyota on behalf of each dealership. 

I went to a similar kind of event at a caravan dealership.  Once they thought you unlikely to be clinching a sale on the spot, you just became another browser.  Now I simply visit at normal times - you get better attention from a sales guy when he isn’t scanning around for a more likely buyer.

13 hours ago, G L J said:

Apparently it is a closed door event with authorised VIP bonus on new and used Toyota vehicles.

Having used a couple of different franchise dealers over the years, I get a flurry of these invites at around the same time.

You have to smile at the rather out-dated and cliched sales tactics, 'VIP' 'Exclusive' which appears to apply to anyone who has used the dealer for so much as an oil change. 

I particularly like the one about the prices being so good they have to be kept confidential and can only be revealed at the event itself, to get you through the door, rather than let you check how great they actually are and decide yourself whether to attend, or more likely not attend!

you're a VIP till you get your wallet out

The end of year is around the corner so its done to pad the bottom line and to insure the bosses get their yearly bonuses

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links