Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excessive blow by 1cd-ftv engine

akovse

Hello this is my first post on this forum. I apologize in advance if there are some mistakes in my spelling or words since i am not native english speaker.

So i own a rav 4 2004 with 1cd-ftv engine. I bought the car few months back and it ran great when buying i checkd for engine blow by by removing oil cap and it was minimal. After a few days from buying the car i preformed an oil change and service . Car ran great until about a month ago when i noticed a bit of hard starting and loss of power. After some diagonsing we decided to replace the SCV valves and check on the EGR valve. EGR was pretty clean and it was mowing ok. After the procedure of replacing SCV valves the car ran great like new. After a few days from replacing the valves i started noticing a bit of oil leaks and now the car is having a bad blowby it is so bad that the oil is leaking prety much everywhere. 

So is it possible that now the fuel pump is capable of providing proper fuel pressure to the rail and injectors that the crush washers on seals failed ? Or is the engine saying bye bye to me ?(bad piston rings or some other catastropical damage) The car otherwise runs great even with the problem descirbed.

I have been reading some other topics that the washers on injectos like to fail on this engine model.  

Please help 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links