Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis any good with this Throttle Response Controller ...?

avensis_2018

About as much use as snake oil and petrol magnets 🙄🙄

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

It's basically for people who can't control their feet - It screws with the signals sent to the ECU from the accelerator pedal, e.g. so if you push the pedal a bit it sends a signal as if you pressed it a lot to make it feel like the pedal is more responsive.

You could just press the pedal a lot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

This controller accelerator accessory sounds very much what I might need on my 2010 T27 1.8i. The accelerator has nearly 2 seconds delay before the engine responds. I keep stalling the car at least once a week, and trying to get out into a busy road from a side street means I have to wait for an opening with the parking brake on and the engine revving, otherwise it would stall when the clutch is let out . My son, my daughter and my neighbour will not use my car because 'it keeps stalling when you try to move off quickly'. I checked if it could be adjusted in the ECU but was told it couldn't. I was speaking to a taxi driver the other day about his Avensis as I was wondering about his fuel economy as mine varies enormously between 32.1 min and 32.9 max mpg. But that's another story..... Anyway he told me he liked the car except for "the accelerator being slow in telling engine to go"......his words. Could this accessory work for me or is there another way of adjusting the accelerator. My wife has a 2003 Micra 1.2 which I prefer to drive as the engine response from the accelerator is immediate!

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you really have 2 second of delay visit a garage. That was normal in turbo diesels from 80s due to turbo-hole. Swap with a good accelerator pedal unit for a test? (take my advice carefully, I'm not a Toyota mechanic)

Thanks, I'll try the main dealer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links