Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gay

Hi, am elderly gal called Gay, have had Lucida  4x4 for 10 yrs, followed by current Estima 3ltr 2003 for 5 yrs, love them. Now having probs with hazy headlights. Had them cleaned but not much better, apparently some condensation and possible staining on inside of lens. Any advice as to removing lens only to check out? Also found that I can buy new lenses on Ali Express which my mechanic says have to be oven heated to fit onto headlamp. Any advice or suggestions are very welcome

Hello Gay - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Hi !Removed!, Welcome lots of good advice when you need it and always welcome when you give it.

There are lots of products on the market which can help to clean them up really well, however if you have had them aready cleaned and staining and condensation is present on the inside then age and the headlight seal may be at fault. You can try a hairdryer on the lens to try and dissipate the condensation but the inside lens stain will be difficult.

Depending on the age it's possible that the lens could be removed and replaced but it may also be a sealed unit. Your mechanic has already said that the Ali express ones have to be heated to fit on the headlight so it seems they can be removed but this should be done by someone that has experience with doing this. 

Personally if you can get new ones at a good price then I would go for them as removing the original ones may discover that the staining cannot be removed and you may be left with a double cost to get these repaired or replaced.

Hope this helps😄

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome !Removed! to the forum where advice is freely shared for everyone's benefit - as you've already experienced. 👍
A lovely, helpful and great crowd on this platform. :clapping: Enjoy!

Thanks for help Bper & Tee_Jstill researching at mo if discover anything else useful will post 😉

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links