Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service plan

JonathanP

I'm about to collect my BZ4X Vision next Friday and I'm trying to decide on a service plan or not. 

I've always had the service plans in the past and wonder if they are still value for money or not (the last one I cancelled when I ordered the BZ4X). 

The thing is that in the past you used to be able to transfer the plan to a new car, but in recent years you are forced to cancel it and be charged an admin fee so you lose money on the fee.

I've not had a quote for the service plan on the BZ4X but online it says from £16.66 and I wonder what other people have been quoted for the vision model as I'm not sure why it wouldn't be the same price across the range?

Online it also says intermediate service is £150 and full is £245. I can't remember what the schedule is on services?

• Like 1

Service intervals 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Intermediate 1st, 3rd, 5th services etc. Full 2nd, 4th, 6th services, etc.

• Like 2

It fixes the costs for the plan's duration so bypasses any price rises which I suppose can be a saving😄

• Like 1

Out of interest what are people being quoted on a BZ4X as Toyota and my dealers website says from £16.66 but Inchcape claims it's £26 a month which sounds a bit ridiculous when there's less actually to be done on an EV.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JonathanP said:

Toyota and my dealers website says from £16.66

Depends on model (Aygo, Corolla, etc), length of service plan, what is included (eg. which services, MOT, roadside assistance, etc), etc, etc.

Yeah I see that, but can't understand how Toyota and my dealer can say one price for the BZ4X but Inchcape can quote a crazy price in comparison. I'm guessing Inchcape are wrong on the pricing as I'm sure Toyota would want consistent pricing across dealers

10 hours ago, JonathanP said:

Online it also says intermediate service is £150 and full is £245.

So, if you were doing no more than 10,000 miles pa and were to buy a two year service plan it should cost £16.46 pcm. But the monthly price will depend on what you actually buy. A typical three year service plan is likely to include two intermediate services, one full service, an MoT and, possibly, the second and third years worth of roadside assistance. So, yes, Toyota fixed price servicing is / must be consistent across dealers, but the actual packages that the dealers choose to promote / sell may vary in content. Just bully them into selling you what you actually want! 😉

My service plan (Motion) with a main Toyota dealer costs £12 a month. Running costs are negligible (with Octopus). It's insurance that's the killer. It's doubled since last year. Mainly, I suspect, because I had an unlucky run of idiots pranging my vehicle through no fault of my own.

• Like 1

It's not you, it's a combination of wars, the price of everything else going up, and the FCA banning insurance companies from offering new-client discounts.

I never had any accidents in the previous years and mine also doubled; I've now had 1 (non-fault) accident and the following years insurance went up by less than when I didn't have any accidents! :laugh: 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Mister Mike said:

My service plan (Motion) with a main Toyota dealer costs £12 a month.

When did you take that out and how many services / years are covered?

My guess would be that you took it out in 2022 and it covers you for three years - so, two intermediate services and one full service ...

If you were to buy the same plan today it would cost around £15 a month due to the current costs of fixed price servicing. That's a benefit of a service plan - while you effectively pay monthly in advance, you pay at the prices in effect when you take out the plan rather than when the service is carried out.

8 hours ago, philip42h said:

When did you take that out and how many services / years are covered?

My guess would be that you took it out in 2022 and it covers you for three years - so, two intermediate services and one full service ...

If you were to buy the same plan today it would cost around £15 a month due to the current costs of fixed price servicing. That's a benefit of a service plan - while you effectively pay monthly in advance, you pay at the prices in effect when you take out the plan rather than when the service is carried out.

Yes, exactly this. I got my car and service plan in Nov 2022. It was about half the price of my previous plan, which was for a hybrid.

I got a 3 year service plan free with the car but if not, I probably would have bought it so that it was all sorted up front. As it wont need a MOT or (hopefully) new tyres in my ownership, I like the idea of no hassle for 3 years and all thing being paid for (apart from Electric). 

I had to work hard to get it though - it had been advertised by Toyota if you ordered in a very specific 3 month window but the dealership didn't know about the offer. Fortunately I took a screen shot of the advert when I saw it and it was honoured on when I collected the car.

This looks to be more likely correct information.
The £16.66 figure comes from adding the services and a MOT when the car is 3 years old.

Service Costs

22 hours ago, JonathanP said:

This looks to be more likely correct information.
The £16.66 figure comes from adding the services and a MOT when the car is 3 years old.

Service Costs

As per the official website,

bZ4X

Intermediate Service: £150

Full Service: £245

One question, however. Did your dealer swap the tires for AWD trims? This is a standard procedure for Subaru.

On 2/24/2024 at 9:09 AM, JonathanP said:

I'm about to collect my BZ4X Vision next Friday and I'm trying to decide on a service plan or not. 

I've always had the service plans in the past and wonder if they are still value for money or not (the last one I cancelled when I ordered the BZ4X). 

The thing is that in the past you used to be able to transfer the plan to a new car, but in recent years you are forced to cancel it and be charged an admin fee so you lose money on the fee.

I've not had a quote for the service plan on the BZ4X but online it says from £16.66 and I wonder what other people have been quoted for the vision model as I'm not sure why it wouldn't be the same price across the range?

Online it also says intermediate service is £150 and full is £245. I can't remember what the schedule is on services?

I’ve had service plans (including for this BZ4X) and have always received a refund (without admin fee).  £16.ish / month is the current one for the Vision and, as I returned the Motion before the year was up I got all the service plan Monet refunded for that machine.

Signed up on Friday when I collected the car. Was £16.66 for 3 services and an MOT.

Not sure why they say from £16.66 unless it allows for some dealers to add their own fees? Like the one who claimed the BZ4X cost much more.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had my finance agreement cancelled as the dealer wanted to include the £3000 discount I had not received as I had ordered in July 23.  Now paying £86 less per month. Smashing!

• Like 1

On 3/23/2024 at 11:32 PM, Bilthehut said:

Just had my finance agreement cancelled as the dealer wanted to include the £3000 discount I had not received as I had ordered in July 23.  Now paying £86 less per month. Smashing!

Wooow 😂 which dealer is that? 

On 3/25/2024 at 3:26 PM, bZ4X said:

Wooow 😂 which dealer is that? 

Listers Toyota Stratford on Avon.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links