Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking to purchase first Toyota

tj63

Hi all, I live in sunny South Wales.

Looking to buy a 2010 Avensis estate, I've done my research and they seem very reliable. I have a car in mind. Any tips for a newbie to Toyota please. Thanks in advance 🙂

Tim

• Like 1

Hi Tim, I would check the service history and any bills etc for previous work done. Tyres, fluid levels oil,coolant etc. Look for signs of any rust areas and check paintwork on all panels for colour match .

Obviously due to its age it will have cosmetic wear. Check all lights break, reversing, headlights interior etc. Windows all operate, powered mirrors if equipped. Central locking.

The Avensis is a very reliable car, but i would take it for long test drive to see if any problems develop and if any warning lights flag up.😄

I am sure others will offer their own recommendations to check engine wise.😄

Hi Bob, many thanks for your reply. The car in question is a 2010 2.0 D-4D on 138.000 miles. Two owners. It looks decent online, hope to go see it on Monday

• Like 1

Hi Tim - let us know how your viewing and testing went. Did you buy it? Run away in horror at the reality you saw/experienced? 😁

Which??

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links