Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Misleading practices by Toyota

Vanbasten007

Hi guys I purchased my brand new Mirai in 2022. At the time the fuel cost about $16/kg. The car came with $15,000 card which was good for 6 years. I bought the car expecting the fuel card to last me 5-6 years based on the price of fuel at the time. I would never buy the car otherwise because even at $16/kg, this car which is essentially a toyota Avalon cost double the price to fuel that an Avalon would cost. A few months later, the fuel doubled in price to $32, I got a letter from fuel provider that the price went up “temporarily due to shortages”. Now, for the last 18 months, the price has been about $36/kg, so a full tank has cost $170! I would like to find other owners who want to sue Toyota. 

• Confused 1

How are fluctuations in fuel prices the fault of a car manufacturer?

Did they give a price guarantee?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vanbasten007 said:

I would like to find other owners who want to sue Toyota. 

Toyota Owners Club is UK based with the majority of members in the UK. As you seem to be in the US, an American site would be more suitable for what you are seeking to do.

• Like 3

Well maybe you can get together with all the EV owners who're now being shafted by a large increase in charging fees, and also us petrol and diesel owners who've also seen significant fuel cost increases! :laugh:

Just trade it in and move on - The Mirai was an interesting experiment but the infrastructure is even worse than EV chargers and it's not really suitable for regular folk.

Maybe get a Mk5 Prius :naughty: 

• Like 1

You have a Dutch footballing legend name + a top British fictional spy who drives around in an Aston Martin. Wouldn't think a fuel card is needed with the cash that you have 🙂

• Haha 1

On 2/24/2024 at 11:06 PM, Cyker said:

Just trade it in and move on - The Mirai was an interesting experiment but the infrastructure is even worse than EV chargers and it's not really suitable for regular folk.

This is the thing - as an early adopter of any new technology, you know you are taking a risk. That's the cost of being on the bleeding edge.

• Like 1

They gave you a card for money equivalent not a quantity of fuel, most products are subject to fluctuations - you will find this in the term and conditions you signed you will not have a case

I do not understand the US mentally of suing for everything when it doesn't go your way, all you are doing is lining the pockets of the shyster lawyers and making products more expensive

Ah typical California BS, if you have only 1 company in the state they have the monopoly and can charge what the market with bear or not, a case of the US pay up or shut up culture

https://www.hydrogeninsight.com/transport/analysis-it-is-now-almost-14-times-more-expensive-to-drive-a-toyota-hydrogen-car-in-california-than-a-comparable-tesla-ev/2-1-1519315

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links