Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New to the Rav4 owner in Cheshire

Ste4x4

Evening everyone. 

So quick back story my father unfortunately had his leg amputated & I've now bought his 2005 rav4 2.0 diesel in graphite grey I think is the colour so he can have the cash towards a mobility scooter quicker rather than wait to sell the car. 

Tbh he didn't want to sell but I said the longer you leave it the less you may get as the mot only had 3 months left, it's only got 78k on the clock but has no service history altho he assures me he did have a full history but has lost it all. 

I've got to say I love it, the back corner bumpers are rough with some shocking spraying been done other than that she's ace, it's been sat for 5 months so I bought a new Battery & heater controls as they have been picked my someone. 

I'm just not sure whether to keep her for myself & sell my 09 civic diesel or sell her. The only thing I know she needs is a front lower ball joint & a front tyre plus the rear bumper corners replacing or fixing.

Anyway essay over just please help me make a decision as with the state of our roads it's leaning me towards the rav but I also love my civic and the torquey diesel power.

Hi Steve, difficult decision, the RAV4 certainly is more suited to the present road conditions and probably more comfortable than your Honda.

Downside the RAV4 is a bit older and may require some maintenance in the near future to keep it on the road, which could end up to be costly. The fact that the service history is unclear also to be considered. The online MOT history may give you some useful info.

Your Honda is more of a known quantity for you, but only you can decide which one to keep 👍

• Like 1

Hey mate cheers for the reply. 

Tbh I love the rav and it would handle the holes so much better, the honda may need a clutch in the next 6 to 8 months depending how hard I drive it, I know most of the history of the rav so may sort the rear bumper corners. It's got the arch flares on it so was wondering if the rear bumper corners off the non flared will fit, I'll get the ball joint sorted then it may sway me

• Like 1

Download the MyT app, you might have some dealer history recorded on there. If it was serviced outside of the Toyota network then it will not show up on there 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Parts-King said:

Download the MyT app, you might have some dealer history recorded on there. If it was serviced outside of the Toyota network then it will not show up on there 

Aaaah mate you are brilliant the car now and has had full service history, new clutch 20k ago, full timing belt kit 5k ago and all new brakes less than 8k ago. I'm so happy right now thanks so much.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links