Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Android Auto/Car Play Upgrade costs

VeniVidiReverse

Hi,

I just set up an account to ask about people's experience getting the AA/ACP upgrade at a dealer.

We bought a used '19 model in October, after 2-rebookings due to dealer finding out their stuff's broken and that they can't do it on weekends & after finally dropping off the car for a day, I've just been quoted over 2x the original price (£120+VAT) & another re-schedule due to a missing 'navigation update' that apparently locks them out from actually installing AA/ACP.

After taking a look into car's history in settings it looks like it had no updates since it left the factory.

Is that cost climb expected? If it matters, car was registered in April '19.

Thanks!

From what I understand from a previous topic for the Rav4 (see link below and Parts-King's posts in that topic), maps need to be updated separately and at a separate cost to the AA/CP upgrade. The upgrade came out in 2020, so costs have probably increased.

Yeah I understand that the 2 are separate, I am just hella confused as to why I need "new maps" to receive software update for the car, it just goes against any software design that doesn't focus on greed...

£150 I was able to stomach, £300+ for nothing extra is silly, plus they need to add labour hours to watch a progress bar go up apparently and got quoted nearly £500 total. This might be foolish me coming to the world of "fairly new cars", but I can't see the value of this anymore.

Pav, before I traded in my Corolla I ensure that I had the latest mapping.  I had also paid £70 in 2020 for AA, I never actually used the upgrade.

You are unfortunate that your previous owner never did the updates.

I hope others reading this and planning to but a 2nd hand Corolla insist on map updates and AA upgrade. 

• Like 1

I had to deal with the same just about a week ago. Got a 2019/09 Corolla. Previous owner never did an update. I had to pay about £240. They had to do the map update first as that somehow also tied with a database and infotainment system update and then they installed CarPlay/AA.

That roughly aligns with what I heard from another dealer, got quoted £250 baseline, but also mentioned something about mm19 system update, which I'm guessing is the painpoint hidden behind half-explained 'maps udpates'

The retrofit upgrades the head unit from MM17 (without AA/CP) to MM19 (with AA/CP).  Originally when the retrofit came out, units just needed the AA/CP upgrade. However as we're now 3.5 years on from when the retrofit was introduced, it seems that the separate maps updates are needed.

Got mine done at the first opportunity. £50 plus cost of the service which was on a plan.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links