Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1nr-fe from yaris mk3 to mk2(2010)

PausePaws

Hello all. My first post.

Looking for a replacement engine for a 2010 yaris 1.33 vvt. I would like to know if a  1.3 1nr-fe from a mk3 will fit.

I know Devon Aygo (staff member) said in a post on this topic started by Yaris_1NR that they are not compatible. But the thread ended there (maybe there is nothing left to say). I guess I am looking for further confirmation on the point - clinging to hope I suppose. Maybe someone could say why it wont? Yaris_1NR never replied to Devon Aygo in that topic (2020).

Any further insights much appreciated.

Hi Peter, What was wrong with the original engine that needed replacement. If you could locate one would you fit this or a garage.

Have you looked at the cost for replacement and fitting to see if buying a newer one would be more financially viable.😄

1.33 2010 is right in the oil burning era, unless you are doing the work yourself it's not worth the time, money and/or effort especially if it's up in the miles

21 hours ago, PausePaws said:

I would like to know if a  1.3 1nr-fe from a mk3 will fit.

Just out of curiosity, would a later 1NR-FE from a Mk3 Yaris/Auris fit a Mk2 Yaris?

I find the overall build quality of the Mk2 to be better than the Mk3. It's worth fixing the Mk2 if it's cost effective.

mk3 are solid cars and a big improvement over the mk2

there are some differences depending on the gearbox also later cars use different sensor setups and have more emission control

a complete rebuild is £4-5K, a new tall block will be in the £6-8k region, a used engine £600-1200 plus clutch and water pump and other parts then the labour on top, what will be 8 -10 hours say a £1000-1500, in the case with a used engine you have no way of telling if its any good so you may have to pull the used engine if you have issues

you do not say what issues you have nor the current mileage

Really. Apologies everyone. I thought I had replied to everyone  - at some length. But checking back just now I see my reply doesn't seem to have been posted.  Probably forgot to press Submit.

In Brief I ran the car with a clogged filter on a long journey. Rackety tapping sound ensued. Two mechanics said the engine was finished - just on listening mind. Neither interested in rebuild - doesn't happen nowadays here (Ireland)  I gather. SO a replacement engine is next up. Import duty is very high in Ireland and since Brexit the second hand car market has become very expensive.

My own car (2010 mk2)  has 80k on the clock. I have sourced a 1.3L, 2016 (mk3 then) with 30k. "above average" condition is how the breaker describes the engine.

But will it fit? It is from a six speed Yaris like my own. I can even get the ECU from the same car as well. eBay is tantalising vague on compatibility.

Can anyone say it won't fit and why?

Hi Peter, If it was me i would contact your toyota dealership they can access the official parts compatibility database and definitively confirm if the 2016 engine is a direct fit for your 2010 Yaris based on the specific engine codes of both vehicles.😄

Thanks Bob, hadn't thought to ask Toyota!

Possibly that was the source of Devon Aygo's  compatibility list I mentioned at the start.

I'll look into it and report back. DO hope to find out WHY it mightn't fit - clinging on still! Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links