Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ride Quality

Wheelyscott

Hello folks, brand new on here so apologies if this has been covered previously. I'm keen on getting a high spec Corolla - GR Sport or Excel but having endured a SEAT Leon FR with 18" wheels and a generally very uncomfortably stiff ride, I am concerned that this might be the same. Is the GR sport suspension and ride quality stiffer than the Excel even though they have the same sized wheels, normally.? Is it necessary to drop down a spec or two to the Design model ( 17") or indeed the Icon at 16. Any comments, feedback or help would be valued. Thanks

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wheelyscott said:

Hello folks, brand new on here so apologies if this has been covered previously. I'm keen on getting a high spec Corolla - GR Sport or Excel but having endured a SEAT Leon FR with 18" wheels and a generally very uncomfortably stiff ride, I am concerned that this might be the same. Is the GR sport suspension and ride quality stiffer than the Excel even though they have the same sized wheels, normally.? Is it necessary to drop down a spec or two to the Design model ( 17") or indeed the Icon at 16. Any comments, feedback or help would be valued. Thanks

He’s there is a thread on this topic, answers are subjective, best to test drive and make your own judgement, the GR Sport has no special suspension, the sport is merely cosmetic, bumpers, trim etc., Excel has the most extras, you said you wanted high spec, some will suggest changing wheels but that’s a bind and you’ll need to tell insurance. I’ve owned Excel and gr sports, several and tbh don’t agree with those criticising, when they do just check they have owned those models, I see many opinions which is fine but experience of ownership in differing driving conditions maybe more useful

• Like 1

Hi Graeme, I agree ride quality is subjective and what may be a firm ride to some may be fine for others. I would test drive the model range and that will give you the best personal preference to the ride you prefer.:smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links