Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interesting customisation

ToyotaFanDriver

I've spent some time reading some Yank forums and found they mentioned this:

https://carista.com/en/supported-cars/toyota/rav4/5th-gen

Its quite interesting what can be adjusted and changed - though the thing I wanted from it (show me the damn tyre pressures on the dash!) is not something I could get...

• Like 1

Hi.......hilarious, does this mean that handbooks are toast ?

"Off you pop sir all you need to know is on the memory stick; best of luck"   

• Haha 1

On 2/29/2024 at 1:58 PM, ToyotaFanDriver said:

I've spent some time reading some Yank forums and found they mentioned this:

https://carista.com/en/supported-cars/toyota/rav4/5th-gen

Its quite interesting what can be adjusted and changed - though the thing I wanted from it (show me the damn tyre pressures on the dash!) is not something I could get...

Ive bought the aftermarket system from aliexpress to show tire pressures on the dash, they are in KPA not PSI but works a treat and easy to setup and fit if your not scared of doing some interior plastics removal......

Ive also fitted the illuminated internal door handle covers, autoclover 6 piece stick on window/rain shields and the very nice mirror indicators that like my rain shield remove the chrome look from the sides....

For 2019- 2023 Toyota RAV4 XA50 Car TPMS TIRE Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Digital LCD Dash Board Display Auto Security Alarm - AliExpress

Dynamic Turn Signal Light For Toyota RAV4 XA50 2019 2020 2021 Side Mirror Marker Light Sequential Indicator Lamp - AliExpress

Auto Clover Wind Deflectors Set for Toyota Rav 4 2019+ (6 pieces) | eBay

LED Car Interior Handle Bowl Light For Toyota RAV4 2019 2020 2022 2023 Decorative Atmosphere Lamp Ice Blue Door Armest Indicator - AliExpress

On 2/29/2024 at 6:04 PM, Mixstreme said:

Ive bought the aftermarket system from aliexpress to show tire pressures on the dash, they are in KPA not PSI but works a treat and easy to setup and fit if your not scared of doing some interior plastics removal......

Ive also fitted the illuminated internal door handle covers, autoclover 6 piece stick on window/rain shields and the very nice mirror indicators that like my rain shield remove the chrome look from the sides....

For 2019- 2023 Toyota RAV4 XA50 Car TPMS TIRE Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Digital LCD Dash Board Display Auto Security Alarm - AliExpress

Dynamic Turn Signal Light For Toyota RAV4 XA50 2019 2020 2021 Side Mirror Marker Light Sequential Indicator Lamp - AliExpress

LED Car Interior Handle Bowl Light For Toyota RAV4 2019 2020 2022 2023 Decorative Atmosphere Lamp Ice Blue Door Armest Indicator - AliExpress

Hi Tony,

I appreciate the input and feedback. I do notice though the Aliexpress tyre pressure thing is upto the 2023 model, after which it has the newer toyota instrument cluster and dash.  I wonder if there will be something for the refreshed Rav4 as well....

On 3/2/2024 at 9:41 AM, ToyotaFanDriver said:

Hi Tony,

I appreciate the input and feedback. I do notice though the Aliexpress tyre pressure thing is upto the 2023 model, after which it has the newer toyota instrument cluster and dash.  I wonder if there will be something for the refreshed Rav4 as well....

I have the new digital dash, not sure if theres been another upgrade in the last 8 months, but this works and can be set to the left/right mini info displays....

FkHlwi7o.thumb.jpg.e7087642051aef0f147399e684f78115.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 6:04 PM, Mixstreme said:

I have been mulling over that tyre module, saw it a long time ago but its got really cheap now. Did you do the calibration to get the right sensors identified? I recently had something in a tyre and you forget how annoying it is to go round checking them all to find the bad one in a layby in the rain.

21 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

I have been mulling over that tyre module, saw it a long time ago but its got really cheap now. Did you do the calibration to get the right sensors identified? I recently had something in a tyre and you forget how annoying it is to go round checking them all to find the bad one in a layby in the rain.

Hi, Its actually really easy to do. I bought the module for £11 and its just plug and play....     one of the issues with most things is the lack of instructions and setup details, a little googling and youtube and it was all revealed.

Entering calibration menu:
1. Leave the car in park mode , start it and select tire presure monitor menu. Stop the car pressing the star/stop button. Wait 5 seconds and then start the car normally ( press the brake + start button ). Wait until pressure menu is visible , then repeat step 1 3-5 times until instead of seeing tire pressures you see - - - displayed for each wheel.
2. One of the wheel positions will be highlighted in orange. Deflate the wheel until the pressure is read on the display ( tire pressure should be decreased with at least .2 bar ) . Be sure to wait several seconds to see wether the tire pressure is decreased on the display , sensors do not send pressure instantly. If nothing happens , you should deflate the wheel further. If you deflated enough , another wheel will be highlighted . Continue until all wheel pressures are displayed . Enjoy your calibrated display.

3 minutes ago, Mixstreme said:

Entering calibration menu:
1. Leave the car in park mode , start it and select tire presure monitor menu. Stop the car pressing the star/stop button. Wait 5 seconds and then start the car normally ( press the brake + start button ). Wait until pressure menu is visible , then repeat step 1 3-5 times until instead of seeing tire pressures you see - - - displayed for each wheel.
2. One of the wheel positions will be highlighted in orange. Deflate the wheel until the pressure is read on the display ( tire pressure should be decreased with at least .2 bar ) . Be sure to wait several seconds to see wether the tire pressure is decreased on the display , sensors do not send pressure instantly. If nothing happens , you should deflate the wheel further. If you deflated enough , another wheel will be highlighted . Continue until all wheel pressures are displayed . Enjoy your calibrated display.

yeah thanks, have not bought one yet... but its on the to do list. Toyota not including it as standard was ludicrous.

• Like 1

Just now, Rav Rob said:

yeah thanks, have not bought one yet... but its on the to do list. Toyota not including it as standard was ludicrous.

I agree Rob, a little refinement at minimal cost wouldnt have hurt.  BUT hey ho, I do like a car thats like lego....

Ive fitted the extra USB port on the dash, the carlikit so I can watch all my films /tv / youtube etc, rear wheel fenders  and all round mud guards, full leather seat covers, full floor and boot covers (adds soundproofing as a bonus) and the shelf/ plastic dividers for glove box, centre console and the dash...   I spend a lot of time in the car so creature comforts help alot.

Not found a microwave and mini kitchen for the boot yet though......... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mixstreme said:

I have the new digital dash, not sure if theres been another upgrade in the last 8 months, but this works and can be set to the left/right mini info displays....

FkHlwi7o.thumb.jpg.e7087642051aef0f147399e684f78115.jpg

Thats amazing and thanks for confirming. I have the same dash so its the latest cluster. I will order it from the link you shared and whilist it might take me some time I will for sure install it.

I'm sorry to be a pain but are there any youtube videos that would help with getting it fitted/installed or are the included instructions (if there are any) sufficient?

1 hour ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

Thats amazing and thanks for confirming. I have the same dash so its the latest cluster. I will order it from the link you shared and whilist it might take me some time I will for sure install it.

I'm sorry to be a pain but are there any youtube videos that would help with getting it fitted/installed or are the included instructions (if there are any) sufficient?

Youtube video was available in chinese, but ive now found some in english, best to have a look and find the one that suits you.  Its all easy and just shout out if you need some instructions...     id look for the price changes as you can get the same cheaper if you look.....        it does show pressures in KPA, but for the time saving and general usage, this doesnt bother me , ive set up my pressures to 35psi knowing that the 230/240 kpa depending on temp is normal, obviously, any tyre that is lower will show up........

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mixstreme said:

Youtube video was available in chinese, but ive now found some in english, best to have a look and find the one that suits you.  Its all easy and just shout out if you need some instructions...     id look for the price changes as you can get the same cheaper if you look.....        it does show pressures in KPA, but for the time saving and general usage, this doesnt bother me , ive set up my pressures to 35psi knowing that the 230/240 kpa depending on temp is normal, obviously, any tyre that is lower will show up........

Thank you Tony, I appreciate all the help. I've ordered it from Alixexpress so hopefully next week will get a chance to fit it!

How easy was it to remove and replace the plastic trim, the video makes it seem almost too simple & easy...and from your experience doing it do you have any tips?

7 hours ago, Mixstreme said:

I agree Rob, a little refinement at minimal cost wouldnt have hurt.  BUT hey ho, I do like a car thats like lego....

Ive fitted the extra USB port on the dash, the carlikit so I can watch all my films /tv / youtube etc, rear wheel fenders  and all round mud guards, full leather seat covers, full floor and boot covers (adds soundproofing as a bonus) and the shelf/ plastic dividers for glove box, centre console and the dash...   I spend a lot of time in the car so creature comforts help alot.

Not found a microwave and mini kitchen for the boot yet though......... 

Wow. I do like mods, but my cars have always been lease company cars so not worth any investment. Its different now as I retired and bought the car so its mine to do as I wish.
Although consequently use has dropped a bit, from fuelling every 2 days to every 2 weeks! so mod's will have to be done for fun when the wife isn't watching..lol

18 hours ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

Thank you Tony, I appreciate all the help. I've ordered it from Alixexpress so hopefully next week will get a chance to fit it!

How easy was it to remove and replace the plastic trim, the video makes it seem almost too simple & easy...and from your experience doing it do you have any tips?

The videos really do show the reality of fitting this, most are to scared to be forcefull, but if you follow and copy, fitting will be quicker than the calibration.....

With the AWD-i system I am doing tyre rotations every 5k, so calibration is also required each time....

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

To finally update this thread...I've done it! So odd that after fitting the part that tyre pressure appears as something you can select as a meter and of course it displays it. Very happy with the result, just a shame this isnt something the car actually came with!

Thanks for all the help in giving me the confidence that it works and where to source the part from 🙂

• Like 3

Good effort...  saves all those cold morning checks and makes life just that little bit easier....

I assume that the reasons behind the lack of this as standard is the UK spec cars come from Japan and as such KPA would just create customer complaints...... maybe something totally different.....

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links