Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Discount card Halfords

Paul Prescott

I have searched the TOC website for recent news, but can't find anything. I have had discounts from Halfords for quite a few years now with my TOC membership card, and more recently with the TOC provided Halfords autoclub card. I have tried to make 2 purchases this year, as of 29/1/24, at the Halfords store in Farnborough. They scan the card, but say that no discount is given. I rang the Halfords number on the back of the card, and eventually got to speak to someone who said he had never heard of the autoclub card. The phone then cut off, as I had by then reached my £10 spend limit (0845 number!). Can anyone shed any light on the situation, or offer helpful advice, please?

• Like 1

some items are excluded from the discount, clueless staff and a high turnover. it don't surprise me they don't know about it, let alone a call center drone that has a script to follow

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, flash22 said:

some items are excluded from the discount, clueless staff and a high turnover. it don't surprise me they don't know about it, let alone a call center drone that has a script to follow

Mostly clueless staff right enough!

Last week I bought a new Battery for the Yaris (£95!), and was told the discount didn't apply, which I accepted at the time. Today I bought a wheel nut impact socket, some WD40 and a tub of "copper-slip", and was told that the discount card wasn't recognised. The instructions on the card say it should be scanned as a purchase item and not entered as a coupon/voucher but I don't know if the staff member followed those instructions.

With the old system, just using the instructions on the back ot the TOC card, they had to calculate the (as then) 15% discount to apply. I usually had to help them with that calculation... 🙄

• Like 1

I used mine last year to buy a Noco GB20 and they'd never seen such a thing before, but just scanned it in and it worked...

I haven't used it recently though, so maybe the code has changed...? When I renewed I didn't get a card, just a letter with the barcode printed on it but I haven't tried it yet.

• Like 1

We were recently made aware of the fact that the barcode may no longer be working.
Halfords have been contacted and they are looking into restoring the barcode so that the tills recognise the discount.
Failing this, then we may have to issue new discount vouchers to all Premium Members.

Apologies for the disruption and hopefully we can get it back up and running very shortly.

• Like 5

Haven’t visited Halfords recently, but I still get email reminders of the discounts.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I made a purchase last week 6th Feb and was unable to get a discount due to reader not accepting bar code on card.

• Sad 1

On 1/30/2024 at 9:23 AM, Toyota Owners Club said:

We were recently made aware of the fact that the barcode may no longer be working.
Halfords have been contacted and they are looking into restoring the barcode so that the tills recognise the discount.
Failing this, then we may have to issue new discount vouchers to all Premium Members.

Apologies for the disruption and hopefully we can get it back up and running very shortly.

Bought some spray paints at Halfords Farnborough last week. Still no discount given. I'm about £20 down now!

Sadly, if this can't be resolved soon, I'm not likely to renew my TOC Premium membership this summer... 😞

The discounts as part of premium membership are at the discretion of the company providing the discounts. Admin have been in touch with Halfords on 30th January, have been reminded today, and are waiting for Halfords to confirm what the situation is as regards the existing discounts, barcode, & cards, etc. 

Obviously it is your choice re renewing premium membership. 

• Like 1

I hope they sort it out - It'll cost them business!

The only reason I impulse-bought the Noco jumpstarter from Halfords was the discount card; I would have gotten something else from Lidl/Aldi or eBay had I not had it!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I went into Halfords to buy some car cleaning products, I gave the my Toyota owners club Halfords card, with states you get 15% off purchases, when she scanned it she said it doesn’t show any discount at all, how can this be solved as to the owner club pack states 15% of motoring and10% off motoring, who can I contact to get this issue sorted Membership No 00154007

Halfords changed the discount last year, and at the time members were advised on the Club website to apply for new cards.

Halfords have since changed the discount arrangements again this year, and you can view the revised arrangements/download the 2024 voucher, by going to the Premium Member Discounts section and clicking on the orange Halfords icon.

Topic moved to General Club Discussions.

• Like 2