Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Insurance silly quote

mpm235

Insurance for my 2014 Auris due at end of this month. I know prices have skyrocketed, so expected quotes not being cheap. Best price from the Opera Singer & Meerkat Muppet Comparison Sites are just under 600 quid. Quote from Toyota Insurance for, same lever of cover, was well over a Grand. So, that will be a no then ....

• Like 1

Yup that's about right :laugh: 

They clearly have a very 'special' algorithm compared to everyone else's, but they are worth getting quotes from as part of your usual get-quotes-from-everywhere routine as randomly they'll give bizarrely low quotes before it shoots back up again a year or two later :laugh: 

I've been with them a couple times where, after years of giving me quotes double (or triple!!) the best I'd gotten, they suddenly undercut everyone else by £200 2 years running, before it going back up to double again :confused1: :laugh: 

• Like 2

Hi Mark, What was you quote last year I have a Auris Petrol 1.2T and admittedly I am 120 years old but my insurance quote was £280 last year.😂

• Like 1

Brand new Corolla 2.0 excel via dealer introduction for driveaway 3 day policy. 

Toyota Quoted nine thousand one hundred and twenty pounds. That was clean licence and full NCB plus garaged and average mileage. Eventually got just under 700.

Previous car was competitive and there was a cashback after 3 months plus following renewal was within a few quid. No better deal around. Then year 3 silly money.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 7:29 PM, trashman1965 said:

Toyota Quoted nine thousand one hundred and twenty pounds. That was clean licence and full NCB plus garaged and average mileage. Eventually got just under 700.

For a moment, I thought you said "nine thousand one hundred and twenty pounds".  Oh, you did ..... :shocking:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bper said:

I am 120 years old

Sometimes I feel this old too

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

For a moment, I thought you said "nine thousand one hundred and twenty pounds".  Oh, you did ..... :shocking:

That must include the cost of buying the car.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Bper said:

Hi Mark, What was you quote last year I have a Auris Petrol 1.2T and admittedly I am 120 years old but my insurance quote was £280 last year.😂

£1047 (same cover, Admiral said £585)

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, mpm235 said:

Mark, I assume you do not have any points and had no accidents in 5 years and are not under 10 years old😂
I used Admiral the first 1st year of my Auris insurance and that was £180, the next year the renewal quote was over £300 with no change so I spent hours on comparison sites trying to find a lower quote and eventually did at £245.
Renewed last year with RAC £280. 
Another thing i am doing is also using a VPN to stop tracking cookies when going on comparison and airline sites for tickets as they track your IP and the algorithm changes the price each time you go back if you do not complete the purchase at the time.😄

• Like 3

On 3/1/2024 at 7:25 PM, Bper said:

On 3/2/2024 at 9:38 AM, Bper said:

Mark, I assume you do not have any points and had no accidents in 5 years and are not under 10 years old😂
I used Admiral the first 1st year of my Auris insurance and that was £180, the next year the renewal quote was over £300 with no change so I spent hours on comparison sites trying to find a lower quote and eventually did at £245.
Another thing i am doing is also using a VPN to stop tracking cookies when going on comparison and airline sites for tickets as they track your IP and the algorithm changes the price each time you go back if you do not complete the purchase at the time.😄

Hello Bob, I'm 54, 100% clean record, my annual mileage is above average due to long work commute. Good point about VPN, I've got Nord VPN, so will make sure it's on when I get my final quotes. Been researching it, Martin Lewis (Money Saving Expert bloke, from off of Tele), says best time to get quotes is around 23 days before its due, so going to do that.

• Like 1

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

On 3/2/2024 at 9:38 AM, Bper said:

When I get any sort of quote I always use the Incognito setting on the browser as it deletes the cookies when you close it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Trewithy said:

When I get any sort of quote I always use the Incognito setting on the browser as it deletes the cookies when you close it. 

Hi Kevin, you are correct that it deletes the cookies when you close the browser but it doesn't stop the sites tracking you whilst you are browsing the quote sites. They wil see your IP address and if you come off the site on to another quote page then go back to the site and you forget or do not keep the tab open they will track your visits.

The best way to do this is though a VPN. For those that do not wish to pay for a full VPN subscription free ones are available online that can be used for these quote purposes.😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links