Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Filler Neck

Calbron

Hi All

My fuel filler neck has rusted at the bend in the filler neck 😞

I've been looking around to replace it, for the celica its £100... ouch

But the more i've looked around it seems that every 90s toyota filler neck looks the exact same - corolla, rav 4

granted i dont have the measurements, but just looking at the bends in the breather pipes, they're the exact same?

Any one have thoughts or know if these are compatible?

image.thumb.png.21e2b4222818af7082602c2184862c59.pngimage.thumb.png.9cfa9142622db6f9afac92eaf98e509c.pngimage.thumb.png.8bab59836fe318854bae81dd0d44f568.png

Hi Callum,

While it's tempting to assume that fuel filler necks from similar Toyota models might be compatible due to their visual similarities, it's crucial to avoid using parts not specifically designed for your vehicle. Here's why

Fuel filler necks are critical components related to the fuel system of your car. Using an incompatible part might lead to possible fuel leaks This poses a significant fire hazard and can damage other car components.

Improper fuel delivery, An incompatible neck might not fit correctly, leading to issues with fuel flow and engine performance.

Functionality: Even if a part seems visually similar, slight differences in size, shape, or connection points can lead to:

Installation difficulties: The part might not fit properly, requiring modifications or creating gaps.

Leaks or malfunctions: Improper fit can cause leaks or malfunctioning of the fuel system.

IMO I would buy the correct one for your vehicle it may be dearer but at least it will be compatible and safer.😄

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links