Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Annoying Beeps - Help Please

Station

2 hours ago, P_J said:

If you leave the RSA option turned on, but set just the speed limit change alert to visual only, and then don't toggle the RSA option back off again - it sticks. 

Which is exactly how mine has worked "straight out of the box" since 2020. A little red 'overspeed' since can be a useful reminder to check but it's hardly a distraction. 👍

I haven't bothered to mess with the overspeed 'allowance' - who cares anyway ... 😉 

• Like 1

Phew! Problem gone. Just set it to visual alert only. That works. Less annoying and distracting. And adds value.

• Like 1

The 'exceeding speed limit by >1mph' alert cannot be pacified permanently in this way. 
Its turns itself on at each restart.

Couldn't see an option to modify the tolerance to +5mph anywhere. Is that somewhere else?
That would make it perfect I think. 

3 hours ago, P_J said:

Couldn't see an option to modify the tolerance to +5mph anywhere. Is that somewhere else?

You'd need to look carefully in the Owner's Manual specific to your car.

In the manual that I think is yours it states:

• Excess speed notification level*4: 2 km/h (1 mph), 5 km/h (3 mph), 10 km/h (5 mph)
  • *4: The customized setting varies according to country

So it may be that the 2 km/h (1 mph) option is all you get ...

On 3/7/2024 at 12:20 PM, P_J said:

Right - I've had a good play with this now. 
And I'm happy-er. 
If you leave the RSA option turned on, but set just the speed limit change alert to visual only, and then don't toggle the RSA option back off again - it sticks. 
As in, the option stays set. 
So the loud BEEEEEP for every road sign is now just a flashing sign on the display, which is arguably useful but not annoying. 

I'm going to see how far I can relax the speed limit warnings next, before they reset and turn back on again. 
I'll let you know how this goes, but this is already a vast improvement. 

I have just tried that with mine but it just resets once the ignition is turned off 🤬

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

So it may be that the 2 km/h (1 mph) option is all you get ...

I have looked carefully, and found what you quoted, so I've come to the same conclusion: 1 mph over is all we can get in the UK. 
Disappointing its not customisable. Permanently. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, secretsquirel said:

I have just tried that with mine but it just resets once the ignition is turned off 🤬

I think if you choose no notification, it resets. 
But choosing visual only, seems to stick. 

Basically anything which causes the orange warning indication to pop on the display seems to cause a reset to default when car next started. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, P_J said:

I have looked carefully, and found what you quoted, so I've come to the same conclusion: 1 mph over is all we can get in the UK. 
Disappointing its not customisable. Permanently. 

And an issue when the Speedo is about 2.5mph fast at 30, 5mph fast at 70. 

• Like 1

Same problem here. Got my RAV4 Plugin Hybrid yesterday (country: Estonia)

- Disabling "Alert on speed limit change" works ok (permanently)

- Changing over speed limit alert to "Visual Only" resets back to "Visual and Sound" after every restart. 

This is driving me crazy too. Asked my Toyota dealer, waiting for an answer. But I have the feeling that due to EU laws, we won't be able to do anything (unless there is a backdor for dealer's to disable RSA permanently). 

Heartbreaking, as I was so happy with the car. 

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links