Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cheap rav4 ?

CelicaZoo

I am looking for a cheap (sub £4k) 5dr rav4. Will only do about 4k miles a year hence petrol. Would prefer auto if possible 

Any particular year/model more reliable /better than another at this price.

Really don't want to buy a rust bucket or one with gearbox / ECU issues

Thanks

Paul, Cheshire uk

Hi Peter,finding a reliable, automatic Toyota RAV4 for under £4,000 is possible but it will likely be an older model with higher mileage.  

At £4000 you'll be looking at probably a first generation one but the second generation ones are generally considered more reliable, but both generations are known for their durability. According to reviews you can expect to find RAV4s with anywhere from 100,000 to 200,000 miles on the clock. While they are known for lasting well over 200,000 miles I would ask a mechanic to inspect any car you're considering buying, especially one with this many miles Be sure to inspect them for rust, especially around the wheel arches etc.Hope this helps👍

My 2008 rav 4 petrol with 118k  when getting it insured they valued it at £2800 with one insurer another valued it at £4200.

its never let me down  until  recently got a ignition switch issue., I was looking in market for a replacement, thought I found a great one described as 2 owners fsh etc, similar  miles, looked at previous mots,  last 2 mots mentioned large oil leak every time, 

it was put up for sale only doing 10 mile after last mot, within last 6 months🥺

I find the 2 litre around the doors likes to eat fuel but on a run I get around 30 mpg minds a automatic

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links