Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 Plug in - 220v boot socket

secretsquirel

Hi All,

I recently collected a new Plugin-in GR Sport which is a pretty good bit of kit.

I noticed that the 220v 150w socket in the boot is  'Type F' , as its a UK model I was expecting it to be a UK 3-pin socket.

Do the older plug-in's have a socket in the boot ? and if so are they 2pin or 3pin type ?

Have asked the dealership who have asked Toyota but no response yet.

Many Thanks

Kevin

20240305_113437.jpg

• Like 1

I picked up my GR PHEV last week and had the same thought.
It's a European socket, mentioned in the attached post. 
Suggestion is to get a travel plug to convert the socket. 

Earlier PHEVs do indeed have the 240v socket in the boot, and it is also a European standard socket. Standard Euro travel adapter for about £2 is all that is needed.

Many thanks for your replies, at least I know its not a mistake by the factory then.

I wonder how the French would feel if they opened the boot to find a 3-pin UK socket !!!

I did already assume I'd need an adapter, luckily we have some at home as frequent travelers.

Other than the dealer install the Dashcam right up against the interior mirror cowling so I cant get to the memory card & USB port I am very happy with the car.

I opted to self install my old dash cam, and now found the 'ambient lighting' in the console cubby hole means the hole I was intending to use to feed the power cable, is now filled with an LED fitting. Need to remove somehow...

3 hours ago, secretsquirel said:

Other than the dealer install the dashcam right up against the interior mirror cowling so I cant get to the memory card & USB port

Doesn't the Dashcam easily unclip from its mount?

image.thumb.png.726b0b144f95bd90704201514d6d286b.png

8 hours ago, secretsquirel said:

Hi All,

I recently collected a new Plugin-in GR Sport which is a pretty good bit of kit.

I noticed that the 220v 150w socket in the boot is  'Type F' , as its a UK model I was expecting it to be a UK 3-pin socket.

Do the older plug-in's have a socket in the boot ? and if so are they 2pin or 3pin type ?

Have asked the dealership who have asked Toyota but no response yet.

Many Thanks

Kevin

20240305_113437.jpg

You can get a relatively flush plug in adapter which I just leave in all the time.

It's only 150W so it's kind of useless anyway 😬 Yanks are getting 1500W in their Primes, you can connect microwave to it ...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kucyk said:

It's only 150W so it's kind of useless anyway 😬 Yanks are getting 1500W in their Primes, you can connect microwave to it ...

Yeh it's not even enough wattage to power my laptop which needs about 230W. 

Another thing is that this socket is likely powered from the 12v Battery, so you need to keep the car on all the time when using it. Primes 1500W socket is directly powered from the traction Battery

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Blimey what laptop is that?? Mine only needs 45W!! :eek: 

Is it a tricked out gamer laptop...? :naughty: 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Wow, that's a lot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Both my company laptop and personal laptop are 230 and 200W respectively. My last personal laptop was 260W! 

Combination of large screen and powerful GPU. Latter not for gaming but for some software tools and applications I need to run. 

Suspect these numbers will be peak power and average power being a lot lower. Power supplies are about the size of a house brick. 😂

Thing is you can buy an inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket so you can plug in mains devices and get a similar wattage so I'm not really sure what value the mains socket in the boot adds other than saving you 25 quid on buying an inverter. 1500W on the other hand would extremely useful...

Microwaves

Kettles

Garden tools

Power tools

Powerful laptops or a few laptops plugged in at the same time

Powering your home for the night in a power cut as some Americans are doing.

Off grid power on your camp site noting you can also run the ICE in charge mode. So basically you got a 1.5kW generator.

That's actually all useful or could be at some point.

• Like 3

On 3/8/2024 at 4:03 PM, philip42h said:

Doesn't the dashcam easily unclip from its mount?

image.thumb.png.726b0b144f95bd90704201514d6d286b.png

Unfortunately not, it has a security screw either side on the camera body, which fixes into the actual holder(which is stuck to the windscreen).

The dealer has accepted it has been incorrectly fitted and they are taking the car back in to have the camera moved to allow access to the screw so the camer can be taken off the base.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 9:07 PM, kucyk said:

Another thing is that this socket is likely powered from the 12v battery, so you need to keep the car on all the time when using it. Primes 1500W socket is directly powered from the traction battery. 

Your correct, it only works when the ignition is on, same as the USB's in the cabin. Not sure exactly what the use of it is.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links