Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wanted a dog guard for rav4 PHEV 2024.

Torrox

I wonder if someone has an unwanted dog guard for sale. 

I keep seeing:

Wanted a Guard Dog .... 

• Haha 1

I have no experience of the Travall guard you show, but I don't like the two stays connecting to the boot floor.   Depending on your dog they could cause injury or be a PITA.

Can you be more specific in your need?  Is it for daily transport for dog walks but not for holidays?  In that case that barrier style would suffice.

If the dog will always travel then a full cage might be better.  That would mean you could open the tailgate without the dog jumping out.

• Like 1

Thank for your comments. We go to spain quite often and the dog goes with us by our car on  ferries then stay a night or two on route to south of spain. It's not a every day need but often to the vet or sometimes to a walk etc.

We used to have a freelander2 and the factory dog guard is quite heavy. The Toyota looks heavy as well. Not sure about the travall one but it looks lighter. Our dog is a Spanish water dog so he's around 20kg. He never jumps down until we have his lead on.

I had a travall dog guard on a BMW x3 which was fine and the stays hooked to upper back of the seat. For the Rav4 however the stays are obtrusive (protruding and fixing to the floor) so I have fitted the Toyota guard, which is also more robust, albeit a bit more time consuming to fit.

Edited by srt
more info added
  • Like 2

@Torrox you would seem to be correct that a guard is better than a cage.

Our Scottie,  OTOH, is very happy in a canvas zip up carry kennel.  Too small for a medium size dog though.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links